Community Forum

Unlock LG X Charge (M322)

New Poster

Unlock LG X Charge (M322)

Hi

I am now living in Panama and I have a LG XCharge, which I used on the Xfinity network in the US.  I have cancelled my Xfinity mobile account and  I want to use the mobile handset on a local network.  Can you please assist with me with the code to unlock the handset?

Thanks 

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Unlock LG X Charge (M322)

@Fletch63 wrote:

Hi

I am now living in Panama and I have a LG XCharge, which I used on the Xfinity network in the US.  I have cancelled my Xfinity mobile account and  I want to use the mobile handset on a local network.  Can you please assist with me with the code to unlock the handset?

Thanks 

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115004305128/am-i-eligible-to-unlock-my-phone

Valued Contributor

Re: Unlock LG X Charge (M322)

@Fletch63 wrote:

Hi

Thanks 

You may have two problems with this.

1) You should have unlocked the phone before cancelling service. Xfinity Mobile has been reluctant to unlock phones for people who are no longer customers.

2) Even if you get it unlocked, the phone's usablility on other networks is limited or none. It is not a universally usable on all networks phone. I got my LG X-Charge for $1.00 from Xfinity and have unlocked it. I have tried to use it on T-Mobile and AT&T and it could not be made to work. It's not a big problem for me that it will not work elsewhere given what I paid for it.

Good luck.