Community Forum

**UPDATE**: XFINITY Mobile

New Poster

Horror Story

I started with Xfinity mobile on April 8 of this year and all went fine until someone ordered 3 IPhone X's with unlimited data plans on August 1 and somehow put them on my credit  card/account (security????). The charge was caught quickly due to a credit card alert, and the phones were removed from my account and deactivated, but the data plans of $47.00/month each continued for several months.  Then, early September MY (real phone) was deactivated also. It took me 2 and a half weeks to get it reactivated. I went to the local Xfinity store 6 times (could not call them, or anyone else, because the phone was inoperable), and spent about 15 (yes 15) hours talking to the managers trying to get the issue resolved, I also spent many hours with online chat, all of which was with zero results.  The problem was escalated about 6 times, finally to the corporate tech support.  Xfinity offerd me $50 for all my trouble.. less than the cost of my gas going to the Xfinity store and more promises of credits- nothing ever actually recieved- billing still messed  up as they have over-charged my credit card over $400 to date.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Horror Story

The first thing you should have done after contacting Comcast was to tell your bank to refuse the charges and to change your credit card number so no new charges could be added.  It is unfortunate but we consumers can't rely on vendors to fix stuff quickly. I had my Amazon account hacked and watched late one night while someone was using my account to buy downloaded movies. Contacted Amazon and we both watched as more movies were purchased so they blocked that person, second thing I did at 3AM was to have my bank cancel the card and send a new one. I had no idea what else they may have been trying to purchase on other sites. That way at least you limit the overall damage you have to argue about. 

All that said it is disappointing that you had to go through all that to get the issue resolved as far as it has been to date. What reason have they given you that the credit card charges haven't been resolved after all this time?

New Poster

Re: **UPDATE**: XFINITY Mobile

On my xfinity phone I cant connect to xfinitywifi everytime I try to it either says authentication error or nothing at all. What am I supposed to do?

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: **UPDATE**: XFINITY Mobile

I'm no expert but can I ask does it ask you for your password when you have this problem? Do you have the Xfinity My account app on your phone? Are you signed in there? Do you have the Xfi app? Are you able to sign in there?