Community Forum

Two phones, one unlimited one by the gig???

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Two phones, one unlimited one by the gig???

I still don't know just how much Gig I will be using but if there are two phones on my account and so far I have both phones by the Gig and say that both phone uses around 5 Gig combined, so if paying by the gig (shared gig) it would be $12 x 5 = $60, even if one phone used 3 Gig and the other used 2 Gig some might think it would be cheaper to move to unlimited. The problem comes from when you switch to unlimited it is just for one phone (not shared Gig) so with one phone on the unlimited plan and the other on By The Gig the two phones uning the same 5 Gig would cost $12 x 2 =$24 plus the unlimited phone at $45 = a total of $69. Am I thinking this right?

Contributor

Re: Two phones, one unlimited one by the gig???

Yes, makes perfect sense to me...

Official Employee

Re: Two phones, one unlimited one by the gig???

I still don't know just how much Gig I will be using but if there are two phones on my account and so far I have both phones by the Gig and say that both phone uses around 5 Gig combined, so if paying by the gig (shared gig) it would be $12 x 5 = $60, even if one phone used 3 Gig and the other used 2 Gig some might think it would be cheaper to move to unlimited. The problem comes from when you switch to unlimited it is just for one phone (not shared Gig) so with one phone on the unlimited plan and the other on By The Gig the two phones uning the same 5 Gig would cost $12 x 2 =$24 plus the unlimited phone at $45 = a total of $69. Am I thinking this right?

Yes, you are correct. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!