Community Forum

Trying to switch back to by the gig.

New Poster

Trying to switch back to by the gig.

Last week, I noticed that 1 of my 2 lines had gone over 3 gig (we have by the gig plan). So I wanted to change that line to unlimted to save a little money, but I accidentally switched the wrong line from by the gig to unlimited. I changed the one I intended to unlimted, then called customer service 2 minuted later. I was told that I would get a refund and received a ticket number. Yesterday I noticed that both of my lines still were in unlimied, not just 1. I tried to change 1 line back to by the gig, but the web site would not allow it. I attempted to reach customer service without success. This morning the web site finally allowed me to switch back to by the gig for both of my lines, but it will not take effect until October 1! I made many attempts to contact customer service through phone, text, and chat. When I got home, I called the customer service number and opened the chat. After an hour, I finally got to speak to someone at 9:15 pm. They said that they had no record of the ticket number requesting a $45 refund, the rep had to put me on hold to talk to the supervisor. He came back on the line and said the last rep probably didn't submit the ticket so there was nothing that could be done. I then said that was ridiculous and threatened to change providers. He put me on hold again and then said that I will get the $45 credit, but that I have to stay on unlimited this month. I told him that their web site stated that if you are using too much data for the month then you can change to unlimited for that time, and that it does not state that you must also stay on the unlimited for the following month. I again asked if comcast was interested in keeping customers, and he put me on hold again to talk to supervisor. He came back on and said he would open a ticket and someone will be getting back to me. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Trying to switch back to by the gig.

Actually, it does say that you will be on unlimited for two months.  You just have to read it carefully to get the point:

"

HOW IT WORKS

Only $45 for data this cycle

Any By the Gig data charges on this line during the September cycle will be removed from your bill. This line will be charged a flat $45 for data this cycle.

It starts immediately

Your card will be charged $45 right away and this line will switch to Unlimited for the rest of this cycle.

Applies for next cycle, too

This line will stay on Unlimited plan for the October cycle as well. You’ll be eligible to schedule a switch back to By the Gig after the new cycle begins in October."

New Poster

I did not find that info, so thanks for posting. I wish I would have just stayed by the gig. What I don't understand is, if a customer accidentally changes the wrong line to unlimited and then notifies Comcast immediately, why does it take an act of Congress to fix the mistake? I know I should have been more careful, but I have never had an issue like this with any service provider whether it be mobile, cable, or internet.
Official Employee
Moved: