Community Forum

Trying to get a number ported from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile, repeated failures

Regular Visitor

Trying to get a number ported from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile, repeated failures

This is a bit of a story, but I've never had issues with Xfinity Mobile until now.  Here's the short version:

We all started our wireless lives on Verizon Wireless.  All 4 family members switched to xfinity mobile, and then about 6 months later, eldest son moved out and ported his number out back to Verizon to pay for himself.

Long story short, it got too expensive and he is porting back to our Xfinity plan.  He is having no end of trouble getting this resolved though.  The port always is "pending" for 24 hours and it never completes, and finally, spits out an error about something to do with an invalid sim.  We've tried a new SIM card direct from an xfinity store, no change, so it's NOT an invalid SIM.

We have a ticket a mile long and a week long of frustrations.  A kind rep issued a $50.00 credit to our account because of how bad it's been, but honestly, we just want the number ported.  Can we get someone to look at this?

Ticket #25803654

Regular Visitor

Re: Trying to get a number ported from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile, repeated failures

Just some follow up:

I'm at tier 3 now, so I hope that's the top.  Me and a very knowledgable rep in the Xfinity Store found out the primary issue: Basically an oddity about the LG X-Power firmware.  If a sim card is not active, while trying to activate it, it will display the last active sim cards "ICCID." This meant my Xfinity rep had typed the Verizon Sim into the computer, as it was the last active sim.

The thing to take away from this is if you have the old LG X Power and are porting back in, don't trust the phone's display!  Read the number off the card.  Posting this to save some people some headaches like I had, hopefully.

My ticket is still ongoing, but I have a feeling with this info in hand, we may finally get this port to go through.