Community Forum

The LG X Charge is $1 right now!

Contributor

The LG X Charge is $1 right now!

I jumped on it for hubby... he's still using a $5 piece of junk and he'd been thinking about jumping in, now he'll have a new phone by Tuesday. Won't he be surprised. lol I just love Xfinity Mobile!

Valued Contributor

Re: The LG X Charge is $1 right now!

@tuffigirl wrote:

I jumped on it for hubby... he's still using a $5 piece of junk and he'd been thinking about jumping in, now he'll have a new phone by Tuesday. Won't he be surprised. lol I just love Xfinity Mobile!

That's a way Xfinity Mobile tells us BYOD is here. 

Contributor

One of the reps yesterday told me it would be here next year some time but for a buck it may as well be.  😊  

Regular Contributor

I ordered one for my son, too. Great price and I love mine.

Regular Contributor

And just now got the shipping notice for it. Great service so far.

Valued Contributor

I only got the order confirmation email from XM. Hopefully, I will receive the shipping confirmation email late this afternoon or like the last time, the day after.

Regular Contributor

I got mine the next day when I bought mine less than a week ago. Got my son's the same day. Since his was only $1 and mine was $180. I figure in the long run they were $90 each which was not bad. Says delivery on Tuesday.

Valued Contributor

The estimated delivery date for my Charge is also next Tue according to the email.

Contributor

Great find! I was just looking last night and noticed the older and cheaper X Power was gone, little did I know X Charge would drop to $1 this morning. Had I not ordered an S8 last month, I would have ordered the $1 phone and kept my Nexus 6P. Oh well...

Contributor

@tuffigirl wrote:

You have an S8+ AND a 7 Plus, and your husband uses a $5 piece of junk? That does not sound fair 

Regular Visitor

This is truly an awesome deal, hopefully you'll actually be able to port his number over....

Contributor

Haha HIS choice not mine! I've been begging him to jump into the 20th century. lol  I got him an iPad a couple of years ago and he loved that, he never touched a laptop again. He barely uses it and he keeps giving doctors and other things my number! That's gonna change now haha! And while my main phone is always an iPhone I usually have an Android also... I had the Galaxy 6 edge and loved it so the chance to have an S8+ made me deleriously happy. 😊

runnaman I didn't need to port his number yet... I can do it when it gets here from the activation page. It goes through immediately. 

Regular Contributor

It may be worth a phone call to the 800# to get an adjustment on what you paid for the phone and what it costs now. Chat will not work. Unfortunately, I will go have actually go into the office since the primary account holder is my husband who died in February and they cannot speak to him.  Mind you I have been handling this account for 35 years but now need to put it in my name. SO Monday I will go downtown and see what I can get accomplished. Worth it for $180.

Contributor

I'm so very sorry about your husband. I lost my daughter 2 years ago so I can truly sympathize & will keep you in my prayers. 💔🙏🏻

Regular Contributor

UPDATE: Went into the downtown office and updated the account so I am supposed to be the Primary Account holder now. They could not handle the refund as they are only a service center. Called the 800 number and after a long wait, ticket was created to refund the difference in $180 and the $1 phone now. We shall see how long it takes to get that done. Second phone due to be delivered tomorrow. Everyone I have talked to seems very helpful.

Contributor

Wonderful !! I know in most states if something goes on sale they have to refund you the price within a certain amount of time. I grew up in CT and you had the week the item was on sale to get the refund. I'm very happy they did that... yes everyone I've dealt with so far have been great. I'm loving the service... everything except the data speeds which are still slow on my side. 

Valued Contributor

@patgeary

I'm pretty sure you are price protected for 30 days, so if you paid $180 for what is now a $1 phone, and you bought it withion 30 days of the price drop you should be able to get $179 back. They might not actually refund it to you but give you credit on your Xfinity account instead.

Regular Contributor

I asked the guy I spoke with how long it would take and he siad up to 30 days. Since I had signed up to pay for it monthly we will see what the next bill says. He gave me a ticket # so I have all the info in one place and will keep an eye on it.

Most Valued Poster

That's a way Xfinity Mobile tells us BYOD is here. 

Yup, and that is what I am doing today, getting the $1 phone and then putting the SIM in my S5.  I need to use a Samsung phone as they are the only Android devices to work with the Resound Hearing Aid and the app is outstanding and makes fine tuning one's hearing devices much better and easier.  Actually the only reason orther then having a nice camera on hand that I actually need a smartphone as I do not do Twitter or FacelessBook or send people I do not know pictures of my lunch.  

Silver Problem Solver

The LG X Charge is currently "out of stock", on the website. Never mind it was "out of stock" earlier, guess they found some more...

Valued Contributor

I have the Xfinity X Charge that I took for the $7.50 a month deal. Now I ordered 2 more on Saturday. They gave me an estimated delivery date of 8/30 but then Sunday they sent me an email asking for more info to "verify" my account. Answered all the questions but still haven't received my shipped email and suspect that they are in back order.

Also put in a manager's escalation ticket to try and get some adjustment to the $7.50 a month on the first phone. But I doubt they will do anything. I am supposed to hear back by tonight. But I suspect they sale was so overwhelming that I won't hear back for a week.

Most Valued Poster

Got my X Charge today at the Xfinity store for a buck.  What a deal.  Bye bye ATT.  However, the sim does not fit in my S5 as it is a nano so I ordered sim adapters off ebay for another buck.  So far I must say this is not a bad phone at all once I figgered out the back cover does not come off and the SD card goes in next to the SIM.  LOL. The screen is not bad either as long as you do not do a side by side comparison with a Samsung. 

Valued Contributor

Are the Samsung screens that much better? Can you read them in sunlight?

I looked at the S7+ because it has the same 5.5 size screen as the X Charge and I'm a screen lover, the bigger the better but I don't want to pay $15 a month when I can pay 4 cents a month.  :>)

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

Yes, the S8 (and S8+) screens are that much better.  And yes, you can read them in direct sunlight.

Most Valued Poster

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

I looked at the S7+ because it has the same 5.5 size screen as the X Charge and I'm a screen lover, the bigger the better but I don't want to pay $15 a month when I can pay 4 cents a month.  :>)

Yeah, as the above poster said they are that much better.  Even my S5 is noticibly better, let alone my S6 but you know what, I don't care.  I got the thing for a buck and for that kind of money the screen is just outstanding.   

Regular Contributor

UPDATE: Called to try and get my son's LG X Charge activated and his number ported over. Since it is a small company, it will probably take a couple of days. If it is going to take longer than that, we will probably the porting request and just get a new number. Checked on my ticket for refund of $179 for my phone and was told since it was well within the 30day period there should be no problem BUT it will take 30 days to show up. So I guess I will just wait and keep all of my notes.

Valued Contributor

Congrats. That is good news.

Official Employee

Hi All! Glad to see the excitement over the LG X Charge offer! If anyone wants me to check in on tickets (or etc) for them, let me know. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Email just received that my son's phone is activated and his number has ported. Yippee, now he can set it up. Took less than 24 hours which was way quicker than I expected cause PureTalk USA is a small company and we had no pin. I just entered 0000. Good experience so far and his new phone is a lot nicer than his old smart phone which was a $50 cheapie.

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi All! Glad to see the excitement over the LG X Charge offer! If anyone wants me to check in on tickets (or etc) for them, let me know. 

KenF

I was very surprised it is a better phone then I thought it would be.  2 Gb of RAM and a SnapDragon processor. The phone runs very good and fast too.   I thought it came with 1.5 RAM and a cheaper MediaTek processor.  The NEG glass is nice too and I surprised it had an aluminum edge instead of plastic.  Nice touch.  Seriously, what a fantastic deal.  Anyone that passes on it has a lot more disposable income then I do, that's for sure.  LOL. 

Regular Contributor

I have a friend who wanted to sign up for it but the LG X Charge is no longer listed.

Valued Contributor

WOW. I guess I am lucky, ordered 2 this morning. I think if you check back in a couple of days you might find it back for sale.

Official Employee

The LG X charge is currently out of stock. Devices may be available in local retail locations and we expect some additional inventory to be available in early and late September.  I would be happy to assist you in locating a XFINITY Retail store nearby.  Otherwise, the LG X charge is "back-orderable" and the promotional price will apply when we receive additional stock and are able to fulfill your order.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

I hop[e those phones I ordered this morning will not be effected!!!!! The XfinMobile website is having problems also.

Official Employee

WindsurfMaui, I'm not sure. I'm going to see if your order has an IMEI attached to it and reply to our private message thread. 

Valued Contributor

Looks like XfinityMobile servers must be in Houston and they might have lost power.

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Are the LG X Charge out of stock again?

New Poster

How do I get on the back order list?

Official Employee

pajones15, yes the LG Charge is currently out of stock. It has gone into a back order status. I recommend visiting us in a store or giving us a call to place that order for you. 

Valued Contributor

I was just on the XfinMobile website and it showed the LG  Charge in stock and shipping today. The website is very buggy right now so I can't verify if that is true or just an earlier version before they took the phone off the site.

Regular Contributor

My friend who was trying to sign up for it today finally got through on the site to order it but so far has not received a confirmation. 

Valued Contributor

I tried to order online and I had to do it 3 times before it went through. I put in order and got error page, went right back to my cart saw stuff was still there and did check out process again. Got error page again, went right back and did it a third time before the cart showed empty and got confirmation order number a few minutes later.

Still no guarentee that that order will ship but it did at least generate an order number.

Frequent Visitor

Has anyone successfully done a LG X Charge sim swap to your iPhone? Did everything work including Visual VM and VM Transcripts?

Official Employee

MistahGrimm, are you missing visual voicemail? You should be able to access the visual VM as it should be stored in the app. 

Frequent Visitor

I haven't purchased the X Charge from my local xfinity Store yet. I wanted to try to make sure there were no issues with swapping the sim to my current iPhone.

Official Employee

MistahGrimm, was the iPhone purchased outside of XFINITY Mobile? I don't see why there would be a problem, but if there were a problem and the phone was purchased elsewhere, we can't guarantee we could fix, unfortunately. 

Frequent Visitor

ComcastKenF--my iPhone is not from xfinity mobile. I just wasn't sure if there was a software difference between android and iOS that would screw up features like Visual VM.

Official Employee

MistahGrimm, oh I see. When I switched from iPhone to android, it was pretty seem less as far as voicemail was concerned. My old visual voicemail stayed on my iPhone and from that day forward, my new visual voicemail stored in my android. You can even test it out by removing the sim card from your android phone, power off the device, then restart it (without the sim) and see if you can access your visual voicemail as you normally would. 

You should be able to without issue. 

KenF

Valued Contributor

@MistahGrimm wrote:

ComcastKenF--my iPhone is not from xfinity mobile. I just wasn't sure if there was a software difference between android and iOS that would screw up features like Visual VM.

As I said several times before, the Visual VM problems caused by Android-to-iPhone SIM swapping was a false alarm. The LG X-Power was the phone that didn't work correctly with Xfinity Voicemail and initially, it had caused the voicemail problems for the people who ordered their XM lines with this particular phone. I ordered the X-Power also, I did not do the SIM swapping to any other phones and I still had the voicemail problems. When I moved the SIM to other VZ phones that I bought from other stores, the voicemail problems migrated to these phones because my XM SIM was activated with the X-Power. I believe the XM technical team had fixed the voicemail problems by now as the VM on my line is working smoothly as it should be.