Community Forum

Text messaging not working

New Poster

Text messaging not working

Please help, I ported my number and my daughter’s number to Xifinity on Dec 16, 2018 and every since I have not been able to send or receive text messages. I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 8+ and gave my daughter my iPhone 6s. She has her own iCloud account and her texting is fine. I have been going back and forth between Xfinity and Apple support. They both state that it is the others fault. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
New Poster

Re: Text messaging not working

Hi! Was your issue resolve coz im having the same issue :-(
New Poster

No, I am still waiting on Xfinity and Apple. 

Contributor

Make sure your settings are correct:

Go to Settings, select your name at the top, go to Names, Phone numbers, Email) and make sure you are "reachable at" (your Apple ID and all the phone numbers and email addresses you want text delivered to should be listed. If not listed, click "edit" and add them.

Then go to Messages and make sure iMessage, Send as SMS, and MMS Messaging are enabled.

Contributor

Make sure your settings are correct:

Go to Settings, select your name at the top, go to Names, Phone numbers, Email) and make sure you are "reachable at" (your Apple ID and all the phone numbers and email addresses you want text delivered to should be listed. If not listed, click "edit" and add them.

Then go to Messages (still in Settings) and make sure iMessage, Send as SMS, and MMS Messaging are enabled.

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi, I am finally receiving text.  It was caused by a premium message block. This was checked before and I was told this wasn’t the case. This final Tier 2 rep named Michelle saw the block in another area. Then I had to reset my network settings.  Then all my texts from the last two weeks started coming to my phone. 

Thanks Tier 2 Michelle. You are the BEST!