Switching from VERIZON to xfinity cell service

New Poster

Switching from VERIZON to xfinity cell service

What are the savings in switching from Verizon to xfinity
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Switching from VERIZON to xfinity cell service

@Ablegramwrote:

That depends on how much data you use. $12 per gig or $45 for unlimited.

Contributor

I cannot indicate your specific savings I can only relate to my situation. Two phones, both Verizon, both paid off. Moved my service about seven weeks ago. First bill from Xfinity was about $18.00 for both phones. This month it will be about $27.00 with taxes and fees as we have exceeded 1 gig this month. Our Verizon bill was about $90.00 a month using less than 2 gig of data. Xfinity for the same amount is about $62.00 less than Verizon. I typically do not use a lot of data thus Xfinity was a good choice.

Your savings will depend on your data usage. The lower the usage, the more you save. If you use the unlimited data plan your breakeven point is when you have four phones and use a provider such as T-Mobile as that would be $160.00 a month with taxes and fees whereas Xfinity would be $180.00 a month plus taxes and fees.

$45.00 a month (plus taxes and fees of about $5.00) for unlimited data is still cheaper than any of the other providers if you have three or fewer phones. You don't have line charges with Xfinity.

My service has been as it was with Verizon. What I don't know is what happens when I get a non-Verizon tower. Some indications are that data speeds will drop to 2G whereas with Verizon service data speeds would still be good as Verizon has tower sharing agreements with other providers. The contract between Xfinity and Verizon may not (and there is strong indication of this) does not include the sharing of LTE on those non-Verizon towers.

Try the switch to Xfinity. If if does not work you can switch back to Verizon. You will be out $30.00 that Verizon charges to establish service. Xfinity does not charge to move the service from Verizon.

New Poster

this was helpful thanks