Community Forum

Switch to New S10e bought from Samsung?

Regular Contributor

Switch to New S10e bought from Samsung?

I am using XM on a Samsung S7 bought from Xfinity. I would like to upgrade to an S10e. Samsung will give me $200 credit for my S7 if I buy it from them. Can I just switch my SIM into the new phone or will I have to contact Xfinity to activate it?

Official Employee

Re: Switch to New S10e bought from Samsung?

12xuser, thanks for reaching out about your Samsung purchase inquiry. At this time we do not support an android Bring your Own device (BYOD). While some folks have been able to successfully do what you are describing, certain features are not guaranteed (like voLTE, voicemail, tethering, wiFi Calling, etc) until the BYOD program rolls out later this year. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Thanks. Any idea how soon is "later"?

NOW

Official Employee

Thanks. Any idea how soon is "later"?

Sorry, I haven't been given a set time frame yet. I've heard whispers of a general quarter, but can't say for certain. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Bring-your-own-device for Android has been talked about for over a year and a half on this forum. Back in early 2018 the 'official' word was a cautiously optimistic "(anticipate) by the end of the year", meaning around six months ago. Which obviously never happened and no more recent responses suggest anything is closer now than it was 18 months ago. Just vague in-the-future- timelines.

Not the fault of the reps here, just appears to be of zero priority to Xfinity.

New Poster

I was talking to someone with ties to the dev team for bring your own android and that it isn't that they can't figure it out. It's more that Apple is keeping them from doing so. Don't know how true but I believe it to a point.