Community Forum

Swapping

New Poster

Swapping

My sister is getting the new Xr and giving my daughter her old old iPhone X will it work if she put her SIM card in the phone ? Their both with Xfinity.
Contributor

Re: Swapping

Yes, it should work fine.  I have done the same thing on my Xfinity Mobile line between an iPhone XS Max and an iPhone XR.  

Official Employee

Hello Missreddgirl, to give you more info, just like MEGEDH mentioned, from a technical standpoint the device will work just fine. The line will continue to have normal functionality. From a policy perspective, we do not support an unsolicited sim swap, which is what this would be considered. What that entails, you will not be able to make any changes on that specific line. For example, switching from by the gig to an unlimited data plan. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out here or in a private message by clicking on my name "ComcastTito" and then clicking "send message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you both !!