Community Forum

Swapping SIMS

Most Valued Poster

Swapping SIMS

Does anyone know if a nano SIM can be swapped from an android phone, LG X Charge to a iPhone 7, or must a store visit be in order?   Thank you all. 

Official Employee

Re: Swapping SIMS

HI TiredRetired, that is a great question. Thank you for reaching out on the Forum. I can confirm that you will need to go to your local store to have the device activated. The SIM card may not function as intended from device to device and may only be provisioned for a specific device.

If you need information on finding your local or closest store, and scheduling an appointment, here is a link to help you get started.

https://www.xfinity.com/local/index.html

I hope this helps, please feel free to reach out for any future requests, as we are here to help.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

So are you saying if I bring in an Xfinity locked iPhone 7 or 8 they will give me a new SIM to activate it?  I am an existing customer looking to ditch my LG X Charge for a newer and better BYOD phone on an existing line.  Thank you.  

I hate to keep posting on the threads but PM does not work for me here so I have no alternative.  

Thanx.

Official Employee

Great question. Your device will need to be unlocked in order to add it to your account. You can check the compatibility through the xfinitymobile.com site any time. If it is, you can visit your local store to add it to your account. Here is a link to confirm compatibility;

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/byod/compatibility/device

Please feel free to reach out for any further questions.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!