Community Forum

Swapping SIM Cards between xfinity mobile phones

Frequent Visitor

Swapping SIM Cards between xfinity mobile phones

Question about swapping SIMs between xfinity mobile devices.

In this post, dated 09-09-2017:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Move-SIM-card-between-finity-phones/m-p/2958863

ComcastKenF states the following:

“You can switch sims between phones and be able to use the phone. The service and phone number is tied to the sim, so wherever the sim card goes, so does the service.” 

So, If I have an iPhone 7 on one line and an iPhone SE on another line, I should be able to switch SIMs between the two and everything should still be okay?

If I make this switch will the devices shown on the “My Devices” screen, on either the xfinity mobile website or xfinity mobile app, still show up properly?

Thanks for any input!

Official Employee

Re: Swapping SIM Cards between xfinity mobile phones

rbinark, are the phones you're writing about, XFINITY Mobile phones? If they both are, your features should remain intact and the app should display properly. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Ken, They are both iphones bought from xfinity mobile. I just wanted to verify before I tried it and messed something up.

Official Employee

Thanks Ken, They are both iphones bought from xfinity mobile. I just wanted to verify before I tried it and messed something up.

No, I've had forum users try it and it was fine. The only issue I could fathom is any insurance claims if you were about to process one. 

Frequent Visitor

Can we do this (swapping) with two (2) BYODs without having any issues on Visual Voicemail?
Official Employee

Can we do this (swapping) with two (2) BYODs without having any issues on Visual Voicemail?

sgdodin, BYOD makes things a little tricky. If the BYOD devices were part of the official BYOD trial where both devices were activated with brand new lines of service, I would say a strong "maybe". 

If the devices weren't a part of the trial, the answer is no. 

KenF