Community Forum

Swap simcard from activated iPhone to other iPhone?

New Poster

Swap simcard from activated iPhone to other iPhone?

I've got two iphones(both Verizon locked) and one of these phones is currently active on Xfinity Mobile.  I'd like to use the other iPhone instead.  The XM rep on the phone told me I would have to physically bring the two devices into the XM store, but that's not very convenient so I'm looking for something easier if possible.  Can't I just swap the sim card out of the current phone and put it into the replacement phone?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Swap simcard from activated iPhone to other iPhone?

Didn't work for me, but I did VerizonLocked -> Apple SIMless. Can just try it out though, won't blow up I promise.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, you can swap the SIM from one iPhone to another.  The new iPhone will need to have iOS 11 or the ability to change the APN if using an older version of iOS.  

Official Employee

Survivalbloke, you could do that, especially if the phone is unlocked. But when you swap a sim card into a device that wasn't activated at XFINITY Mobile, you'll run the risk of losing some features like tethering, VoLTE, etc. 

It is best to use the device you activated service with to guarantee proper provisioning. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!