Community Forum

Support won't unlock my xfinity mobile phone

New Poster

Support won't unlock my xfinity mobile phone

Hello, I'm a current Comcast customer and former Xfinity mobile customer. I'm attempting to get my old Xfinity LG x charge unlocked. I called support who directed me to send an email to xfinitymobile_unlocks. I quickly got the response: We were unable to process your request to unlock the following devices(s): XXXXXXXXXX because the device(s) are not Xfinity Mobile devices.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Xfinity Mobile device unlock request ticket # 35002486

Valued Contributor

Re: Support won't unlock my xfinity mobile phone

Even if you do manage to get that purchased from Xfinity Mobile LG X Charge phone unlocked, you are going to find it is highly unlikely that it will fully work on any other carrier, with the possible exception of Verizon. It was deliberately crippled with respect to which LTE frequency bands were included in the device.

New Poster

@gderf wrote:

Even if you do manage to get that purchased from Xfinity Mobile LG X Charge phone unlocked, you are going to find it is highly unlikely that it will fully work on any other carrier, with the possible exception of Verizon. It was deliberately crippled with respect to which LTE frequency bands were included in the device.

Hmm, that's interesting. I'm giving it to my kid to use on a prepaid verizon reseller, though, I think it should work.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

yes he speaks the truth low end lg device even some of the high end are not like the new samsungs and support just about every frequency

yyou might get talk no data or vice versa or no service at all  most devices other than flagships are not suportive of all carriers  not always but most of the time