Community Forum

Still looking for solutions to "No Cellular Data"

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Still looking for solutions to "No Cellular Data"

I posted this into another thread, but I thought I should start a new one to perhaps draw more attention.

I moved both my and my wife's iPhone 6's to XFinity Mobile one week ago - Feb. 12. Hers works fine for everything, but mine cannot access cellular data. I've been on phone and chat with XFinity Mobile Support every day since converting, but stil no progress. I've been told that my trouble ticket is up to Tier 3 level (engineering) and have been promised callbacks several times but have recived none since last Friday, 16 February.

I'm trying to avoid another trip to the XFinity store since it's a 180 mile roundtrip. In addition, I doubt that the in-store workers would know any more about the problem than those I reach by phone.

I would certainly appreciate any help anyone could provide.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Still looking for solutions to "No Cellular Data"

I'm bumping this back to the top with more information. The model number of my iPhone 6 is MG5W2LL/A, meaning it was originally a Verizon phone. My wife's iPhone 6 is MG542LL/A, indicating a T-Mobile /Contract-free phone. Yet hers receives cellular data on the XFinity/Verizon network and mine doesn't. 

Does anyone have an idea about this?

Frequent Visitor

Have you tried reseting your network settings? Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings. No guarantee, but what is there to lose? You will have to setup wifi and bluetooth devices again. 

I'm running iOS 13.3 beta on my iPhone SE, and it shows Carrier Settings 31.5 vs. 31.1 when running iOS 12.5. Switching to the beta track might kick something lose as well. Wifi calling does not work with the beta s/w though if that is an issue for you. 

Good luck!

Frequent Visitor

I've reset network settings several times to no avail. Your idea of trying the iOS Beta is intriguing, but I question your version numbers...I'm currently on 11.2.5 and iTunes tells me that is the most recent version...not.

I'm now downloading and installing 11.2.6 which apparently came out only yesterday.

Fingers crossed....

Official Employee

Hello VTProf, did downloading the new firmware to your phone fix the issue? If not I can further assist you with getting this taken care of, please reach back out to me here. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for responding, Amir. I think you mean software (iOS 11.2.6) rather than firmware, but no, that did not help. Do you have other suggestions?

Official Employee

VTProf wrote: Thanks for responding, Amir. I think you mean software (iOS 11.2.6) rather than firmware, but no, that did not help. Do you have other suggestions?

I'd like to look into your settings, it sounds like your features need to be realigned but I cannot tell without the account pulled up. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" so that I can get this taken care of for you.

Frequent Visitor

Just for the record, Amir has been very helpful. The problem is still not resolved but it's great to have another line of communication.

Official Employee

You're welcome, I will have the SIM sent to you right away. Please allow 2-3 business days for the new SIM to arrive, is there anything else that I can assist you with this evening? 

Frequent Visitor

While I am very appreciative to Amir for helping out, I must express considerable disappointment with XFinity Mobile Technical Support. Amir told me today that the Tier 3 people had decided on Sunday the next step for my problem was to try a new (third) SIM card. Yet no one had communicated this to me even though I have spoken with someone there every day. Without Amir's intervention I would still be waiting for that ephemeral phone call from them.

Frequent Visitor

I saw something online this morning about changing APN settings as a possible fix for my problem. Does anyone know anything about that?

I dont' find that option on my iPhone 6.

Problem Solver

Xfinity (and most/all? US carriers) don't allow you to change APN settings on iPhone. That menu item is hidden.

Do you happen to have a menu item called Settings-General-Profile? If you have a profile set up from a previous carrier you should delete that profile. It can cause the problem you are describing.
Frequent Visitor

Bingo!  That fixed it!

Many, many thanks!

Official Employee

VTProf wrote: My problem appears to be solved. Look at the last two posts in my latest thread.

I am glad that (-Mike) was able to help you resolved this issue, have a good day.