Community Forum

Sprint iPhone SE - Porting to xfinity via ATT/Verizon/T-Mobile

Frequent Visitor

Sprint iPhone SE - Porting to xfinity via ATT/Verizon/T-Mobile

I knew iPhone SE from Sprint is not compatible with xfinity. Suppose, if I switch my iPhone SE from Sprint to AT&T or T-Mobile for about 40 days, then If I try to port my number to xfinity, will it be compatible?

I asked this question in the store and the chat, but they are clueless. 

Official Employee

Re: Sprint iPhone SE - Porting to xfinity via ATT/Verizon/T-Mobile

Hello naveenkumar, we don't currently support the IPhone SE from Sprint or any other phone provider besides Verizon on Comcast network. Switching cell providers won't make a difference. 

Frequent Visitor

My iPhone SE is on Xfinity via BYOD, and getting it setup at the Xfinity store took less than 30 minutes from start to finish. But perhaps what Amir means is that the Sprint version of the SE is not eligible, and that is certainly my understanding as well. My SE is the TMO/ATT/Verizon version, and I believe that mine is the only version supported by Xfinity for BYOD. Where your number ports in from is not the issue; the model number of the phone is the issue. Mine is an unlocked A1662, and the Sprint model is the A1723. If your phone is an A1723 you will not be able to BYOD to Xfinity.

Official Employee

rmnelson wrote: My iPhone SE is on Xfinity via BYOD, and getting it setup at the Xfinity store took less than 30 minutes from start to finish. But perhaps what Amir means is that the Sprint version of the SE is not eligible, and that is certainly my understanding as well. My SE is the TMO/ATT/Verizon version, and I believe that mine is the only version supported by Xfinity for BYOD. Where your number ports in from is not the issue; the model number of the phone is the issue. Mine is an unlocked A1662, and the Sprint model is the A1723. If your phone is an A1723 you will not be able to BYOD to Xfinity.

Thank you for your insight and sharing your experience with us here. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. However, one of friend tried xfinity SIM in iPhone SE from Sprint (Unlocked) which worked perfectly. 

Please check with your technical team. Thanks!

Official Employee

naveenkumar wrote: Thanks for the reply. However, one of friend tried xfinity SIM in iPhone SE from Sprint (Unlocked) which worked perfectly. Please check with your technical team. Thanks!

I have confirmed with my network team and the website that the IPhone SE from another carrier is not compatible with our network. Please click on this link to learn more and to see for yourself. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks! I knew this compatibility checker tool. What I am trying to say is: xfinity SIM works flawless in iPhone SE (Sprint) based on the tests my friend performed. 

Official Employee

I undertsand what you mean, but as far as I know the IPhone SE from Sprint will is not compatible. If your friend has a phone that was on Sprints network then the phone is more than likely a refurbished device that was already on Verizon's network prior to activating with Sprint or it was a new device that is branded by Verizon from the start. In any case as you can see from the link I posted the phone from Sprint is not designed to work on XM.