Community Forum

Soooo finally get my phone to bad i cant use it again hold off on switching to xfinity

Frequent Visitor

Soooo finally get my phone to bad i cant use it again hold off on switching to xfinity

They gave me the wrong area code I live in the 810 and was given a 586 area code......called 3 times told first time oh we will fix it check it in 15 minutes call back, oh check in an hr, nope still 586 call back at 7 oh we will fix it check in 2 hrs still same... so going on a week now no phone even after we have them.......bbb complaint coming if its not straight by tomorrow

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Soooo finally get my phone to bad i cant use it again hold off on switching to xfinity

@mrshaunyd wrote:

They gave me the wrong area code I live in the 810 and was given a 586 area code......called 3 times told first time oh we will fix it check it in 15 minutes call back, oh check in an hr, nope still 586 call back at 7 oh we will fix it check in 2 hrs still same... so going on a week now no phone even after we have them.......bbb complaint coming if its not straight by tomorrow

I don't understand why you can't use the phone just because the area code is one area away from you. I was given an area code one area away from me.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Soooo finally get my phone to bad i cant use it again hold off on switching to xfinity

Because when someone has to use an area code to call someone say from a land line outside of there area code it cost them. No one i know has a 586 area code. I have never had a 586 area Code. If i am paying for service I would atleast expect the same area code as you know MY AREA

Bronze Problem Solver

@mrshaunyd wrote:

Because when someone has to use an area code to call someone say from a land line outside of there area code it cost them. No one i know has a 586 area code. I have never had a 586 area Code. If i am paying for service I would atleast expect the same area code as you know MY AREA

Does anyone still pay by distance for phone service?

Also, if you manage to get them to change your number to your area code and then later you move to a different area code, are you going to change your cell phone number to match your new area code? I thought that was one of the advantages of a cell number, it follows you where ever you go, temporarily or permanently.

Frequent Visitor

Are you trolling me? I own my house I live here. I am not moving. yes people still have land lines its called grand parents. besides that if my phone was actually working we would not be having this conversation but no its not even working.

You can be happy with whatever you get thats you. I would like the same area code as I said I have never in all my years being here had a different area code.

Bronze Problem Solver

@mrshaunyd wrote:

Are you trolling me? I own my house I live here. I am not moving. yes people still have land lines its called grand parents. besides that if my phone was actually working we would not be having this conversation but no its not even working.

You can be happy with whatever you get thats you. I would like the same area code as I said I have never in all my years being here had a different area code.

No I'm not trolling you, I'm just wondering if I am missing something and should have the same area code on my cell phone. I have a land line but don't pay by distance and didn't think they still did that. Good luck

Official Employee

mrshaunyd, we are unable to pick a specific area code. Phone number changes are picked from your zip code. Your zip code has several area codes available. If one set of area codes is unavailable because they have all been used, the nearest area code is assigned to you automatically. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!