Community Forum

Software Update for S9 Plus

Frequent Visitor

Software Update for S9 Plus

Does anyone know what the latest software is for the S9 plus? Its still on the February security update, no update out of the box either. If anyone could let me know what the latest version is I would appreciate it!!
Contributor

Official Employee

Re: Software Update for S9 Plus

Hello Ds6778, the information that (NEWcam30era) shared is correct. Please reach back out to me here if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Is there a time-frame for any upcoming software updates? I have a few bugs that are fixable. Other carriers have already issued 2-3 OTAs. Other than that the experience with you guys has been fantastic.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Ds6778 wrote: Is there a time-frame for any upcoming software updates? I have a few bugs that are fixable. Other carriers have already issued 2-3 OTAs. Other than that the experience with you guys has been fantastic.

I don't show an update that is expected to be issued at this time, but if indeed other carriers have already issued updates I am sure yours will be following shortly. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Frequent Visitor
Contributor

New Poster

This is not true. Samsung has issued a new software update back in April for March. The build numbers are G960FXXU1ARD4 for the S9 and G965FXXU1ARD4 for the S9+.
Contributor

Frequent Visitor

Just because the baseband version is the same doesn’t mean there weren’t software updates. I posted three examples of OTAs provided with other carriers. Plain and simple, other carriers HAVE pushed OTAs to the S9 and S9+...
Contributor

Official Employee

NEWcam30era is correct in saying that the software updates are pushed by the manufacturer. Once the manufacturer has released the update to the carrier, the carrier can make adjustments as necessary and then roll them out to the devices overtime. 

Frequent Visitor

We already know that....No one here is asking how the update process works. We are wondering if Xfinity has pushed any OTAs since every other carrier in the US has pushed at least one. Again, we all know how the update process works, that still doesn’t answer why Xfinity hasn’t had any OTAs whilst other carriers have.
Official Employee

Ds6778, I don't have a specific answer as to the timing of the release. We will send it out in batches at the time of release.