Community Forum

Shipping scam

New Poster

Shipping scam

Comcast shipped me two new Samsung note 8s, which I never ordered.I shipped them back to them. I don't have mobil services with them. I have contacted them several times to resolve this matter. They say somebody may of hacked into my account. Which doesn't make any sense. Why would someone pay for two phones and get it shipped to someone else's address? Comcast denied it was a mistake on their end. After being lied to and sent to different departments, waiting for 30 min on hold. Something very suspicious here, and I feel im trying to be scammed. So I canceled my services after being a loal customer since 2004.also if my account was hacked into, why wasn't I notified at all...? Why wasn't I notified there was a package being shipped? Why is comcast not know why this happened and not seem to care. I believe this is a corporate scam, trying to get people to sign up for mobile services, and charge them for the phone...,don't trust this company. If they try to charge me for this I will for sure seek legal action
Contributor

Re: Shipping scam

They mean someone else got your password and used it.  Kids love to do things like that.  You should have gotten email notifications of the orders however.  They wouldn't know it was hacked anymore than you would until someone started making changes.

Official Employee

Re: Shipping scam

A012, I'm sorry to hear we have lost you as a customer. If you did not purchase the phones I recommend sending them back and reaching out to our security assurance team so they can investigate. We take these matters very seriously. Please go to www.xfinity.com/fraudclaimform to submit a claim or call the Customer Security Assurance ID Theft team at 844-335-8719 as soon as possible.  

Zerokool316, did they tell you what damage was reported on the returned phone?