Community Forum

Shipping and fraud alert issues!!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Shipping and fraud alert issues!!!

Maybe there is a thread similar to this but I didn't see one. Maybe someone can relate or I can gain an answer. On 8/19, I placed my first order with XMobile. Immediately I received an order processing email but nothing more. 2 days passed, 8/21, I received a fraud alert email with 5 questions, all of which said could be found on my account. All but one question, I knew the answer to. I referred to my account for the last one. 24 hours passed and I got no response. I called them, waited on hold for 40 minutes then was basically told that I "flunked" this 5 question quiz therefore my order was cancelled. I asked how it's possible that I flunked something that was part of me???!!! He said that he understands that I answered the questions correctly best to my knowledge but the system sees them as being wrong. This is NOT my fault!!! I told him that they should probably verify identities in a different way. He responded back saying that I could have called and retrieved all of the answers from an Xfinity customer service rep. Wow....so all it takes is for someone to obtain the little bit of info required to talk to a rep about one's account and from there, they can that easily obtain all the info needed to trick a fraud alert??? Not happy!!! He advised me to do so if I plan on trying to place another order because I WILL be asked the same questions again. So after that, I called directly to an Xfinity rep and explained my situation. SHE even said that these are some really strange questions and doesn't seem like quality questions to verify identity. Mmm....what's that tell you???!!! So I asked her to go through the questions with me so I could figure out which ones were wrong. Guess what....I got the SAME EXACT answers from her to which I responded to the fraud alert email with!!!! WHAT???!!!!!! After chatting a little, she determined that I placed my Xmobile with a card that was not on file with my account and this COULD have rang an alarm. I updated that info with her so the cards would match then jumped on my computer and decided to try one more time at placing an order. This was 8/22. Immediately after, I received the order processing email, just like the first time, then about 5 minutes later I received an order confirmation email that included my order details. I didn't get that one the first time around. Yesterday, 8/23, around noon, I was notified that my bank account was charged however, I did not receive a shipment email. I am not sure what to make of this. Has it shipped? If so, will I have issues with activation? If it doesn't show in their system that it hasn't shipped yet, would they even know I have the phone? Ugh. I'm a little on the frustrated side. It sounds like I am one of very few who has never had an issue with Xfinity, the service or employees. Therefore I am also disappointed. Any insight or a shar of anyone else's story with a similar situation appreciated!!
Contributor

Re: Shipping and fraud alert issues!!!

Wow... I've seen a few people say this but I can't relate. I ordered Saturday and had my phone Wednesday, no questions, no credit check, no problems whatsoever.  I'm a long standing customer who has Triple Play... don't know if that has anything to do with it or if it's where you live and maybe it varies state by state? I'm so sorry you're going through this but I've seen the Customer Service Rep Ken who posts here help a few people and I hope he helps both of us soon.

I'd like to add that it took 2 days for me to get my confirmation e-mail with tracking number... I think cause I ordered on Saturday but I was patient and did get it first thing Monday morning. 

Official Employee

Cbmoore, I believe this is what is holding you up. I can see that the security questions are pending as of yesterday afternoon. I see the second submission that confirmed the same answers you had from the first submission. I will follow up with you via our private message with updates. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Read my post a little further down "Did I Make A Huge Mistake???" This is happening to a lot of people! Watch for the first order to also come through (double billed).

Official Employee

Cbmoore I'm glad you were able to get this resolved at a store. Post again if you need anything else. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! After being at the store, I believe that since online ordering is preferred by most, there is a huge amount of orders going in. The service is still very new also. So a combination of the 2, and possible other factors, there will be time needed to allow some thinning out and bugs to be worked out. I will say, tho, if you have access to a store, that would be the best way! No waiting. Go in, give a lil info and in about a half hour, you are done and walking out with device in hand!!!
Official Employee
Moved: