Community Forum

Setup Voicemail Failure

Highlighted
Contributor

Setup Voicemail Failure

We just started with Xfinity Mobile, and have two lines under one account. Neither of our phones (BYOD iPhone 6S and BYOD iPhone SE) allow us to set up voicemail. When we try to set the iPhone voicemail (from the Phone app), we get the following message:

Voicemail Unavailable

Unable to Connect.

Try again later.

What can we do to fix it?

Official Employee

Re: Setup Voicemail Failure

Hello johnsbaker, it sounds like your voicemail feature may need to be re-provisioned. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get this taken care of for you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks, Amir ..... I had Cellular turned off on my cell phone and apparently that was the problem. I turned it on and was able to setup voicemail normally. I note also that Visual Voicemail needs cellular turned on, also.
New Poster

I was told my number was provisioned as an Android instead of an iPhone. So I therefore cannot set up voicemail. No one thru tier 4 support seems to be able to correct this. My husband has the exact same iPhone and settings and was ported over the same day at the same Comcast store and his VM was able to be set up through prompts seamlessly. I am beyond frustrated..

New Poster

I am unable to setup voicemail. Got the runaround yesterday and today from both Xfinity and Apple. Wasted 4 hours and still no resolution. Any fix for this or do I need to find a different carrier?
Official Employee

Mb196, sorry to hear about your voicemail set up issues! Appreciate you posting on the forums! The first thing we want to do is ensure you have the voicemail feature properly provisioned on your account. I can help with that. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am having the same issue.  Xfinity said it was Apple, Apple said Xfinity.  I also wasted time on calls with both companies yesterday.  VM seems to be an ongoing issue with Xfinity as I've seen lots of threads.  If you resolve the problem, could you please post and maybe it'll help me too.  Xfinity doesn't seem to be able to correct it.  I'm self employeed and rely on having a fully, functioning phone.  

Official Employee

Hi cj78, I am sorry to hear that you are having voicemail issues, especially since you rely on your phone for work. I would like to take a look at your account to see if I can fix the issue from my end. Could you please send me your account info with the phone numbers associated to the devices having issues? To send a private message, first click on my name "ComcastTito" and then click on "send message".