Community Forum

Selling an Xfinity Mobile device

Highlighted
New Poster

Selling an Xfinity Mobile device

Hi there,

I just paid off my Samsung Galaxy S10+ that I purchased through Xfinity Mobile, and it turns out I like my old phone better. I placed my SIM card in my old phone and I've been using it for awhile, but now I'd like to sell the Samsung privately. Before I sell it to someone, is there anything else I need to do, besides unlock it when the buyer inserts their own SIM card? How would I go about disassociating the phone with my Xfinity Mobile account?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Selling an Xfinity Mobile device

Get your phone unlocked while it is still attached to XM, reset to factory before you sell it and you should be good to go. Try a sim from another carrier, you may have to reset the carrier sttings also. You will need to contact XM CS to get your old phone associated with your account with the sim card you are using. Even though it works in your old phone it is still associated with your new phone on your account. It may be time consuming but they can (Will) do it. This from personal experience of doing just that.

New Poster

Thank you very much! Have a great day. 

Regular Contributor

I'd also suggest using Swappa.com.  Fees are a lot lower than eBay.  And you have a much better and more knowledgable customer base.

Official Employee Digital Care

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!