Community Forum

Seek help for iphone unlock

New Poster

Seek help for iphone unlock

I have been with xfinity mobile for a few months. I bought a new phone and bought another new one recently. I wrongly paid the newer  in full. When I contacted customer service to unlock the phone so I can use local SIM card when travelling overseas, I was told I have to wait 30 days from the activation of the new phone. Is this a new rule?

The official policy says "You must have paid for at least one month of XFINITY Mobile service", but I thought it is requirement for the overall service, not a specific phone. Otherwise, it should say "The phone..." like the first 4 rules.

• The phone must be an XFINITY Mobile device.
  • The phone must not be reported lost, stolen, or involved with fraudulent activity.
  • The phone must be paid in full prior to requesting the device unlock. If your device is on a Device Payment Plan, it is ineligible for unlocking.
  • The phone cannot be active on another XFINITY Mobile customer’s account.
  • You must have paid for at least one month of XFINITY Mobile service. 
  • Your XFINITY Mobile account must be in good standing. One exception is if you are an active member of the military—all active-duty military personnel are eligible to have their phones unlocked. 
New Poster

Re: Seek help for iphone unlock

im in same situation denied 5 times. paid in full in feb and they still denied my unlock scammers guess we r stuck with a useless phone sorry to hear u have the same issue

Regular Contributor

It will actually take 50 days from the day you activate because they will not take your monthly payment from your card for another 20 days after. If it ends on 5 March you card gets charged in 25 March, you can not ask for in unlock until after 25 March. This from personal experience. 

Regular Contributor

Today is the 51st day so I called the number for unlocking my SE. I gave them my info, they said your phone is paid in full,you have a month of paid service and now you phone is unlocked. Shortly after I used an online service that checks if your phone is unlocked, paid my $1.50 and in 5 minutes they reported that my Iphone was indeed unlocked. So far I am happy to report that I am batting 1000, three for three ✔ and ✔and ✔ in my dealings with XM. I can not help those having problems, I think it's only fair to report that all is not lost with XM. I have to believe there are thousands that go well to the few that report here on the forum.

Official Employee

Hello all, I am more than happy to assist you with getting your unlock request submitted and I can also help you follow up on a request that you have already sent in. Please feel free to reach out to me via private message with your full name, street address, phone number, and account number if you need further assistance. 

Official Employee

Hello all, steps to unlock your device are listed below.

1. Find out if you're eligible to unlock your device.
  2. Complete an email with the information below and return it to: xfinitymobile_unlocks@comcast.com.

Subject: Xfinity Mobile device unlock request ticket # XXXXXX
    • Name on account
    • Account number
    • Service address
    • Last paid Xfinity Mobile bill amount
    • Last 4 digits of credit card used on Xfinity Mobile account
    • Are the device(s) paid off? (Y/N)
    • Mobile phone number(s)
    • IMEI(s) requesting to be unlocked
    • Reason

Notes:

• The ticket number for the subject of the email was provided to you at the time of your request with an Xfinity Mobile agent.
  • You can find your IMEI listed on your Xfinity Mobile account on the device page by clicking on the device and then About.

Make sure to complete the whole form and stick with the requested format. If any information is missing, incorrect or incomplete, your unlock request may be denied. You can find the requested information in your Xfinity Mobile account. If all information is submitted correctly, we will review your request within two business days.