Community Forum

Scam calls?

Highlighted
New Poster

Scam calls?

I received a call from ‭+1 (512) 312-7829‬ claiming to be from xfininty mobile and wanting me to purchase phones through them. She did have my mane and address already. Is this a valid number?
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Scam calls?

I just got off the phone with someone from the exact number. Same question: is this a scam? It kind of seemed like one.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Ramirez0212 @Christina352 Thank you both for reaching out with your concern. This is not a valid Xfinity Mobile number and I would not provide any information to anyone calling directly from that number. Xfinity Mobile does not make direct calls to solicit phone purchases. I reported this number to our fraud team to investigate. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

‭+1 (512) 312-7829‬ I also got a call from this number mentioning they have some deal just for today in internet plans. It felt completely phishing when I asked for what kind deal you are offering to me, so I can go to local Comcast and make it clear with them ... His reply was the local store could not do what we can do from our end, and it confirm it’s a phishing call. I just hang up and copy and paste the phone number ‭+1 (512) 312-7829‬ and got noticed this post. I hope Xfinity will do some actions with these group.
Highlighted
New Poster

Well this person tried calling again, but fortunately, my spam blocker didnt allow it to go through.

Highlighted
New Poster

I got a call from the same number today 11/4/2019

Highlighted
New Poster

I had two calls from this num and I didnt take. Looks like scam
Highlighted
New Poster

This phone number is still making scam calls. Offers a free flex box and then a cheap phone service through xfinity. ‭+1 (512) 312-7829‬