Community Forum

Samsung Note 10 Visual Voicemail Text

New Poster

Samsung Note 10 Visual Voicemail Text

I ordered a couple of different phones for my family when I switched to xfinity mobile. All the phones except my Note 10 use the actual xfinity mobile voicemail app. This app transcribes voicemail to text like my Verizon app did. The problem I am having is the Note 10 has a native voicemail app that the phone forces me to use. I see no options to transcribe the voicemail to text anywhere in this app. There is only an option to type notes about the voicemail... What in the world is that useful for?? Anyway I can download and open the xfinity mobile voicemail app to my Note 10 but can't seem to find a way to set it as the default voicemail. Even when I remove all permissions from the native app. Xfinity mobile support page states that the voicemail app includes text transcript. Any help on changing the default voicemail app or turning on text transcript with the native forces app is appreciated.
Contributor

Re: Samsung Note 10 Visual Voicemail Text

Did you buy the phone from Xfinity?  I got an unlocked Note 10+ directly from Samsung.  After doing smart switch from my note 8, there was no voicemail app at all, i had to actually call voicemail.  I had to install the xfinity voicemail app, and then i had it.

Frequent Visitor

CGuagliardo,

There is another thread below about visual voicemail and wifi in which ComcastTito responded on the newest Samsung phones (Note10 included) are not compatible with the Xfinity Visual Voicemail app and moving forward, all new phones will be using the provided voicemail app (not the xfinity visual voicemail app) in which case on the note10 is audio only.  I'm disappointed too as I just purchased the note10+.

New Poster

Thanks for the information. That just seems ridiculous and like a big step backwards. With work, I get a lot of voicemails and I specifically checked for this feature before I switched. Their website still clearly states that voicemail including text transcript is included at no extra charge on their service.

So with what you read, Samsung is now in charge of my voicemail app and all future updates/changes?

Contributor

So are the phones you are using purchased from xfinity?  I use an unlocked purchased from Samsung Note 10+  I use the xfinity voicemail app that you can read it instead of listening. 

Frequent Visitor

I purchased my note10+ from Xfinity.  Here is the information from the Comcast Rep:

There are 2 main points regarding voicemail for newer android devices with Xfinity Mobile (such as Galaxy A50, Samsung S10, Note 10, etc).

1. New android devices will use the default voicemail app that comes on the phone now and going forward. The Xfinity visual voicemail app is not compatible with the A50. That is why the app will not work on your device. The LG device that you mentioned might be an older model that is still compatible.

2. The native voicemail app for android devices does require mobile data to be on in order to retrieve voicemails. It will not receive any voicemails through the app with just wi-fi being on and data turned off. The Xfinity visual voicemail app did have the capability of getting voicemails without data turned on. Unfortunately data will be required on the native voicemail app.

Frequent Visitor

I installed an app youmail, a 3rd party voicemail app on my Note10 and I have visual voicemail again.  The app does all the heavy lifting to repoint voicemail settings to its servers. 

IMPORTANT:  If you chose this or any other 3rd party app and decide to stop using it, you MUST following the instructions on how to change the settings back to Xfinity voicemail before you uninstall the 3rd party voicemail app if you want the standard voicemail app to work again.

CAVEAT EMPTOR:  This is a 3rd party your allowing access to your voicemail.  Keep that in mind if you have messages left that may contain sensitive information!