Community Forum

Samsung Gear S3

Contributor

Samsung Gear S3

i want the Gear S3. will it work with my sunsung mobile S8 ????

if not, why not ????

Official Employee

Re: Samsung Gear S3

jamesfrmphilly, the Gear 3 is compatible with android devices that have Android 4.4 or higher. You can pair them using the Samsung Gear App. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Speaking of gear s3, will we ever be getting lte enabled smartwatches? It'd be awesome to have one and finally not pay extra access fee for it. 

Most Valued Poster

My Gear S2 is ATT so it will never work on XM unless tethered to my S5, but I would surmise once BYOD is active any Gear watch compatible with Verizon should work just fine.  

Official Employee

Speaking of gear s3, will we ever be getting lte enabled smartwatches? It'd be awesome to have one and finally not pay extra access fee for it.

dicea33, good question. I haven't heard anything about supporting wearables just yet. We will be supporting tablets soon so I'd imagine wearables would possibly follow. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

i would like to buy the S3 from Xfinity...i want it to match

Official Employee

We are not currently selling wearables or tablets at this time, jamesfrmphilly. 

Contributor

i am well aware of that and i am saying that i want Xfinity to start selling the gear S3.....

Most Valued Poster

@jamesfrmphilly wrote:

i am well aware of that and i am saying that i want Xfinity to start selling the gear S3.....

Well, they don't so the best you can do at this point is to buy a Verizon capable S3 and tether it to your phone so it will make and receive calls.  When XM activates BYOD and wearables you can then activate the eSIM in the watch so it functions as a standalone phone on your wrist. Personally I did not like doing this as it really ran the battery down fast on my Gear S2 when I was with att.  The S3 has a slightly bigger battery so that is good.  

Official Employee

Gotcha, I'll send your feedback to my leadership. 

jamesfrmphilly wrote:

Well, they don't so the best you can do at this point is to buy a Verizon capable S3 and tether it to your phone so it will make and receive calls.  When XM activates BYOD and wearables you can then activate the eSIM in the watch so it functions as a standalone phone on your wrist. Personally I did not like doing this as it really ran the battery down fast on my Gear S2 when I was with att.  The S3 has a slightly bigger battery so that is good. 

Also a good idea. I'm using a Moto360 which can't make calls from itself, but it's great for notifications,etc. 

KenF

New Poster

Would ativating the galaxy gear add a line to your current bill or will it be under the same line?
Frequent Visitor

Is samsung GEAR S3 supported yet its been a year? i noticed this forum questions being asked.I am planning to get one from costco during thanksgiving.

New Poster

Lol ...support tablets soon...soon, it's now July 2019...lol
Official Employee

We hear you! We just started our iPad program and will be rolling out andorid BYOD later this year. I'm hoping we bring out android tablets soon after Smiley Happy