Community Forum

Samsung GS10+ and voice mail

Contributor

Samsung GS10+ and voice mail

We started Xfinity mobile the end of March 2019 and purchased two S10+ phones.  For the most part, all is well but voice mail has been a problem.  I installed the Xfinity mobile voice mail app on both phones but we don't see voice mail in the app at all let alone get a transcription of the message.  After a lot of back and forth with customer service, I was told the Xfinity mobile voice mail app was not compatible with the S10 and that I should use the Samsung voice mail app.  There is no Samsung VM app so we have been using the Google/Android VM app but it does not transcribe the voice message.  We get a notification that there is a message and can listen to the message but no transcription.  

Is there any progress getting the Xfinity voice mail app to work on the S10+?

Thanks,

Tom

Contributor

Re: Samsung GS10+ and voice mail

No answers or suggestions.

Does the Xfinity voice mail app work for everyone else?  Do you get voice mail transcriptions?  If not, what voicemail app are you using and how does it work?

New Poster

I purchased my Xfinity Samsung Galaxy 10+ phone 11 days ago, and my voicemail app does Not notify me when I get a voicemail and always says "No current messages", but if I call my voicemail ALL my messages are there! I've tried EVERYTHING from uninstalling/reinstalling the app to changing network sources back and forth, to turning data andwifi on and off. NOTHING works! Does anyone out there have a solution?

Official Employee

rsgrkg, thanks for taking the time to alert us about your visual voicemail issues. I know how convenient being able to see your notifications for voicemail are so I'm happy to get to the bottom of this with you. Have you attempted to clear cached data in the app and then retest? What notification settings are active in the app? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I had this exchange with the  XFINITY Mobile Voicemail team today: 

Subject: Xfinity Mobile Voicemail

When will this app work with S10+?

Hello Thomas, the Galaxy S10 and other models produced moving forward will use the default android voicemail app to maximize your experience with us. Our Visual Voicemail app will no longer be compatible with those models. If you ever need assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to our team at “vvm_support@xfinitymobile.com”.

So we won't have voice mail transcription.

Unfortunately no, the android voicemail app does not support transcriptions at the moment.

New Poster

Doesn't work at all, let alone transcribe
Contributor

My wife and I are both using the Google Voicemail app version 11.2.24.0 which I think came preinstalled on the phone and then updated as I can't see the Google Play Store info.  As I said above we get notification of a voice mail and a recording to play back but no transcription.

Official Employee

Tom_D58, thanks for posting here on the forums. Unfortunately, for 2019 android devices, the manufacturers’ Visual Voicemail apps will not transcribe voicemail messages into on-screen text as the previous Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app does.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same issue. I have notifications set, but there are no notifications when a VM is left.
New Poster

We just did the same and got through the 2 week return period before discovering it. It's pretty unacceptable for one of the staple smartphone features to be missing from the flagship phone we had to abandon two Google pixel 2s we loved since we were told we couldn't BYOD those and were essentially forced into Samsung. Google Fi was like butter interface wise, good dialer, caller ID, anti spam, vpn, but they lost us with customer service and calls going to the void. Disappointed in the phone dialer and voicemail... You know the one feature a phone should be good at.

Xfinity mobile care says "Thank you very much for your patience, after making a research on your issue I found that for the S10 devices we are not able to provide the transcript on the voicemail messages, apparently it has to do with the way the system of the devices is set so it does not allow this kind of option."