Community Forum

STILL unable to receive text messages - Brand new iPhone 10XR

New Poster

STILL unable to receive text messages - Brand new iPhone 10XR

My brand new paid-in-full IPhone was finally activated on Jan. 10th. (It took three days because the original SIM card was attached to an account in Miami.  I'm in Denver.)  I'm on my second SIM card in 16 days. I am still unable to receive short code text messages (in addition to regular SMS and MMS messages) and it's greatly affecting my livelihood due to all of the increased security measures and dual factor authentication. Yet again, I had a plethora of message batched to my phone all at once yesterday. (Some of them were from MUCH earlier in the week.) This has been escaleted to Tier 2 (who chatted with Tier 3 for solutions) on multiple occassions.  The situation is an absolute nightmare.  Xfinity blames Apple, Apple says it's a carrier issue.

I've:

Signed out of iCloud

Soft reset phone

Removed phone from iCloud completely

Sent Apple complete diagnostics - no issues there

Reset Network Settings (Four times)

Restored to Factory Settings (Twice)

And so much more!

I've spent countless hours on the phone with Xfinity Mobile. I've had this phone for two and a half weeks and have YET to use it to it's full capability.  

I read a few more troubleshooting tips to try this morning but don't have an hour and a half to start all over with Xfinity Mobile to "Disable Premium Message Blocking" (if that's a real thing) and to also "Suspend" my device for five minutes.

If anyone has any troubleshooting tips they can send my way, I'd greatly appreciate it!

New Poster

Re: Worst experience of my life

I completely agree!!  I switched from Verizon 2 1/2 weeks ago and it's been an absolute nightmare!  I have yet to use my phone to it's full capacity.  Unbelievably frustrated.  Hope it all works out on your end.

Regular Contributor

Re: STILL unable to receive text messages - Brand new iPhone 10XR

@kellyafitz wrote:

My brand new paid-in-full IPhone was finally activated on Jan. 10th. (It took three days because the original SIM card was attached to an account in Miami.  I'm in Denver.)  I'm on my second SIM card in 16 days. I am still unable to receive short code text messages (in addition to regular SMS and MMS messages) and it's greatly affecting my livelihood due to all of the increased security measures and dual factor authentication. Yet again, I had a plethora of message batched to my phone all at once yesterday. (Some of them were from MUCH earlier in the week.) This has been escaleted to Tier 2 (who chatted with Tier 3 for solutions) on multiple occassions.  The situation is an absolute nightmare.  Xfinity blames Apple, Apple says it's a carrier issue.

I've:

Signed out of iCloud

Soft reset phone

Removed phone from iCloud completely

Sent Apple complete diagnostics - no issues there

Reset Network Settings (Four times)

Restored to Factory Settings (Twice)

And so much more!

I've spent countless hours on the phone with Xfinity Mobile. I've had this phone for two and a half weeks and have YET to use it to it's full capability.  

I read a few more troubleshooting tips to try this morning but don't have an hour and a half to start all over with Xfinity Mobile to "Disable Premium Message Blocking" (if that's a real thing) and to also "Suspend" my device for five minutes.

If anyone has any troubleshooting tips they can send my way, I'd greatly appreciate it!

i you have upgrade too  IOS 12.1.3  there been reportes  of celler network issues   i  would  downgrade too IOS 12.1.2 and see if that fixes  the  issue 

New Poster

Thank you very much for the suggestion.  I don't think I'll waste any more of my time on it.  I just spent another hour and 50 minutes on the phone with Tier 2 support.  I haven't had a fully functioning phone since they were finally able to activate it on Jan. 10th.  Six calls ( an hour plus on the phone for each) in addition to multiple trips to the Xfinity store for help and now I'm passed the 14 day window for a refund???  Who in good conscience can say I "missed my window?"  I bought this phone directly from Xfinity and it has yet to work properly. This is beyond appalling.  I'm an Xfinity Stream, Wifi and Voice customer.  I was not expecting this.  AT.  ALL.  

Regular Visitor

I had the somewhat similar problem. Turning on the cellular data fixes for me. Hope it helps

New Poster

I appreciate your feedback!  My cellular data has been on since I activated it.

Official Employee

kellyafitz, sorry to hear your experience with your missing short code text messages. I'd be happy to check the status of your ticket with Tier 2 support. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number for help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Did this get resolve?If yes what was the solution?

New Poster

Re: Worst experience of my life

Had the same experience switching from Verizon.