Community Forum

SMS short code not working

Regular Visitor

SMS short code not working

Just switched yesterday to Xfinity Mobile and got an S9+. Getting everything setup was easy and the port process was easy. I am having a problem getting any SMS short codes for verifying various accounts on my phone. I have tried shutting off the Voice over LTE option  and restarting the device and still not getting them. Is there something else I can try or should I wait a little longer since I just got them?

Official Employee

Re: SMS short code not working

Hello , please try the steps below and reach back out to me here if you need further assistance. 

• Steps only apply if you've previously used a messaging app to send a text to a premium content provider or short code.
  • Short codes are typically 5 or 6 digit numbers commonly used when participating in contests, making donations, etc.

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
    Note These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings Settings icon > Apps.
  3. Ensure All apps is selected (upper-left).
    Note If necessary, tap the Dropdown icon Dropdown icon (upper-right) then select All apps.
  4. Tap the Menu icon Menu (upper-right).
  5. Tap Special access.
  6. Tap Use Premium text message services.
  7. Tap the app then select an option:
    Note Apps listed vary and only appear if they've previously been used for premium messaging.
    • Ask
    • Never allow
    • Always allow
Regular Visitor

Re: SMS short code not working

Checked this. No applications showed up in the list.