Community Forum

S9 unlock issues

New Poster

S9 unlock issues

Hi - I have three phones on my account: two S9's and one Moto E5. I obtained unlock codes for all three devices from Xfinity mobile, but only the code for the E5 worked. I spent an hour on the phone with support, but was told it would take 10 to 14 days to resolve. Is there anything that can be done to expedite this? I'm assuming I will need an additional unfreeze code for both devices. Case # 18122974202. Thanks in advance.
Valued Contributor

Re: S9 unlock issues

There have been dozens of posts about Xfinity Mobile supplying bogus unlock and unfreeze codes to customers owning Samsung phones.

Although some have reported eventually getting the problem solved, noone has ever disclosed what the problem was, why this continues to happen, and what the solution was.

This kind of performance by the carrier is inexcusable.

New Poster

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm trying to stay patient. But am not thrilled with my experience on the phone today. Spending over $1400 on two phones and then not being able to unlock them is super frustrating.

I'm trusting a Xfinity rep will see this and get me a quicker solution.
Valued Contributor

@Allwhi05 wrote:

I'm trusting a Xfinity rep will see this and get me a quicker solution.

These are the same reps that have entered into private communications with those seeking help, but have never responded to questions about why this continues to happen. Some customers have received identical bogus codes repeatedly, even after they echoed the bogus codes back to support personel. This is what I find unsettling. They have known about this problem for as long as they have been selling these phones, and will not stop issuing bogus codes.

A similar ongoing problem has been WiFi calling failures. No solution after huge numbers of reports spanning many months, with no explanation other than they are aware of the problem, a problem that other carriers don't seem to be having.

Good luck.

Frequent Visitor

I was told by Xfinity Mobile customer support (in chat) that only certain models of the S9 and S9+ can run a specific app that automatically connects to Xfinity WiFi hot spots.  

The problem is that Xfinity Mobile doesn't supply people with the list of model #s that are compatilble with the specific app.   What's frustrating is that this list of model #s was available on Xfinity Mobile's website only 6 months ago.

Perhaps if enough people request it, Xfinity Mobile will do the obvious and right thing and make this list available again.  

New Poster

It's been 4 days and I still have no response from Xfinity on this.
New Poster

Still no response from Xfinity. I would appreciate a quick resolution to this issue of being unable to unlock the two S9's I purchased.
New Poster

2 weeks and STILL no reply from Xfinity on this. Seems inexcusable. This is very frustrating to pay $800 for a device locked to the Xfinity network.
Official Employee

Allwhi05, just following up. Were you able to reach out to Tier 2 support? Was a ticket opened? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

What is the phone # we're supposed to call?   I was told via 4 different chats to call 888-936-4968 and, like you suggest, ask for Tier 2.   

But 888-936-4968 is just phonemail and it's for Xfinity Internet, not Xfinity Mobile.  After 15 minutes, I was finally able to talk to a human and was told "there is no Tier 2".  

So, again, what phone # are we supposed to call?