Community Forum

Return The Device & Keep The Connection Nightmare

Regular Visitor

Return The Device & Keep The Connection Nightmare

I bought LGX a day before the BYOD plan started nationwide. The following week I made an appointment to see a store agent in Union Landing, Union City. I wanted to return the device and bring my iPhone 6s from T-Mobile to the network. The agent clearly refused to help me out with my request. She said, it takes hours to resolve this issueand I will have to call the customer care and see if they could help me out. The customer care person helped me get the RMA but lied to me saying she has opened a ticket with technical team to add my iphone’s imei as my device to this connection. I waited for three days to get a response, but never got one. Every time I have called customer care after that, they tend to do something about it and ultimately They ask me to visit a store and get it resolved. Seems like no one knows what needs to be done 🙄. The only solution I can think of is just switch to my old carrier, they had an amazing customer service, the only reason I switched was to save a few bucks. I never expected this kind of customer service from xfinity. 🙁
Official Employee

Re: Return The Device & Keep The Connection Nightmare

atharfaraz, that isn't the experience I wanted for you. If you'd like to use your iPhone as part of the BYOD program, it must be added at time of activation in the store. We cannot add it for you over the phone. The BYOD trial stipulates the device must be added to the account at the time of activation in a XFINITY Mobile store. Once your device return has processed, you can either add the iPhone as a new line of service or open a new account with the iPhone as the primary line. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply Ken, I really appreciate it. I went to another store yesterday evening in SF, another rep. told me everything went through and I should get my iphone added to xfinity network, it generally takes 15 mins to 24 hrs for my visual voicemail and hotspot to work (seems another false promise). Your solution sounds logical and complicated to me. I am little disappointed with the customer service. I've signed up for one year free deal with another operator, I'll be moving my number soon. Thanks again.

Official Employee

Thanks for your reply Ken, I really appreciate it. I went to another store yesterday evening in SF, another rep. told me everything went through and I should get my iphone added to xfinity network, it generally takes 15 mins to 24 hrs for my visual voicemail and hotspot to work (seems another false promise). Your solution sounds logical and complicated to me. I am little disappointed with the customer service. I've signed up for one year free deal with another operator, I'll be moving my number soon. Thanks again.

atharfaraz, you're very welcome. Let me know if you need anything else. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!