Community Forum

Return LG phone $35 restock fee

Contributor

Return LG phone $35 restock fee

I attempted to activate an LG Xfinuity Mobile phone but failed, so I sent it back.  Xfinity Mobile charged me $35 restock fee.  Guess that is the penalty for something that did not work. Maybe the next time I want a phone I'll find someone else.  Where does it state a fee for restocking? 

Contributor

Re: Return LG phone $35 restock fee

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115000868108/what%C2%B4s-included-in-the-30day-satisf...

had you asked for replacement and continued to get service then that shouldn't have happenned, however if you just decided you had changed your mind then you're SOL

Contributor

I ordered a phone as a Christmas gift for my wife.  We get the phone and we could not activate it.  The support people were not help and the information had errors.  So we called to return it and got a return ticket, also prepaid sticker was in the box.  They received the phone.  The phone was not used, only taken out for the box.  It was in the same condition we received it.  We did not ask for a replacement, just cancel the order.  We never used the service, although they charged us for the next month.  We spent hours on the chat and phone and no one mentionsed a restock fee, they only promised to refund us the fees we paid. Talk about fine print, that is false print.      

Official Employee

afja_lm139, restocking fees apply for any device that is returned. It is the cost of placing the device back in inventory, processing and reconditioning. 

Contributor

I received a phone from Xfinity that did not work. What was I supposed to do, eat it? A return USP stickler was in the box so I used it to return the inoperative phone. In all my 77 years when I returned a defective product to a company they simply replaced it or refunded the price and shipping. If this is how Xfinity does business I will certainly never do business with you again and whenever presented the opportunity I will voice my opinion of your poor business practices to as many people who will listen.

Official Employee

I received a phone from Xfinity that did not work. What was I supposed to do, eat it? A return USP stickler was in the box so I used it to return the inoperative phone. In all my 77 years when I returned a defective product to a company they simply replaced it or refunded the price and shipping. If this is how Xfinity does business I will certainly never do business with you again and whenever presented the opportunity I will voice my opinion of your poor business practices to as many people who will listen.

afja_lm139, are you saying you were charged for the phone?

Contributor

Yes, I was charged $23.35 initial and $11.63 for a month service usage.  The phone did not work and I did not use the service.

Official Employee

Yes, I was charged $23.35 initial and $11.63 for a month service usage.  The phone did not work and I did not use the service.

afja_lm139, did you reach out to XFINITY Mobile requesting a refund?

Contributor

Yes.

Official Employee

Were you assigned a ticket? I'd be happy to look into your request. Just send me a private message with your full name, address, and the phone number associated with your residential services. 

Contributor

The last invoice: 2050361, ticket: 14024700 (Samantha) she said refund will be in back February 1, 2018. Then I just happened to comment on Facebook Xfinity and Andre was working on it as well (ticket #14245661). I just gave up seeing how no one has done anything yet. If I had willy-nilly returned the phone for any other reason, other than it not working, then I would understand the fee. However, when the product does not work I expect the company to make good on their product.

Official Employee

afja_lm139, Oh cool, I wasn't aware you were working with us on Facebook as well. We are the same team. Do you prefer to work with us there, or here? If here, please click my name and send me a private message. 

KenF

Contributor

Really don't care, but this forum seems to be better.  Here is all the information you should need:

I ordered an Xfinity Mobile phone for a Christmas gift to my wife on December 12, 2017 and received it on December 20. We attempted to activate it but failed many times. Xfinity Mobile billed bank account $23.35 for the phone on December 20, 2017. I retuned the phone and Xfinity Mobile received it on December 29, 2017. Also, on January 3, 2018 Xfinity Mobile billed my bank account $11.63 for Mobile phone usage; we did not use the phone. Called Xfinity Mobile support and “Mathew” was supposed to refund $20.01; however, “Mathew” billed my bank account $20.01 instead. Now,   Xfinity Mobile owed me $54.99. Called Xfinity Mobile support and “Peyton (ticket #12922286)” said refund would be in my bank February 1, 2018. Only $20.01 was credited to my bank. Xfinity Mobile still owes me $34.98 ($23.35 + $11.63). I am tired of waiting; it has been over a month that Called Xfinity Mobile owes me $34.98.

<forums violation>

Official Employee

Thanks for those details. I've deleted your account info because you have posted it publicly. 

I'll look into that refund if you send me a private message with the account info. 

Was the phone return for a return (where the line was to be cancelled) or a device exchange? Click my name and then click private message me for additional help. 

Official Employee

afja_lm139, thanks for sending those private messages. Glad we were able to resolve your billing concerns. 

KenF