Community Forum

Requesting Assistance Completing Activation

Regular Visitor

Requesting Assistance Completing Activation

I have contacted Xfinity Mobile Support several times over the past week using both chat and phone options in trying to resolve this issue but it's still not resolved (though the reps each time tells me it will be resolved within 15 mins after our interaction) - kindly requesting escalation - here is my issue -

Background

We purchased an iPhone 7 directly from Xfinity Mobile website it was replacing an iPhone 5s on one of our 4 existing lines. We were unable to activate the phone ourselves using xfinity mobile website so after several calls to Xfinity Mobile support the new iPhone 7 was operating on Xfinity Mobile service. 

Issue

Every time we login to our XFinity Mobile account (app or online) it's asking us to "Activate Phone" and on the "Devices" tab on xfinity mobile it is still showing the OLD iPhone 5s as regsitred to the line which is currently working with the NEW iPhone 7. It's almost like the activation process has not fully completed succesfully as it still shows OLD iPhone 5s device listed for the line and it's suggesting we complete the activation of the NEW iPhone 7 even though the line/number is already working w/ that line.

Requesting for someone to escalate and handle this issue as repeadely calls to Xfinity Mobile support are unable to resolve.

Regular Visitor

Re: Requesting Assistance Completing Activation

I contacted Xfinity Mobile Support via Chat today (5th time for this issue) - It sounds like the issue may be due to the fact that when we orginally contacted Xfinity support to get the new iPhone activated the Xfinity Mobile Rep advised us to replace SIM on the NEW Phone with the OLD SIM from the old phone. The rep today said they would have to escalate the issue. Unfortunetly I was disocnnected from the chat session - I have my doubts on if this will be take care of - One suggestion for Xfinity Support folks - You should send customers support ticket numbers when customers contact you (via chat, phone, text) - as there is no way (that i'm aware of) to reference any kind of ticket number for any follow-up and forces to restart from square one (proccess improvement opportunity here).

This issue continues ...

Official Employee

mcavallari, I can check to see if a ticket was created and if not, create one for you. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Official Employee

mcavallari, glad we were able to correct that error! Post again if you need anything else. 

KenF