Community Forum

Request for update Apple Watch 3 support

Regular Visitor

Request for update Apple Watch 3 support

KenF’s reply on 12/19/17 needs to be updated. A month after Xfinity declares no support for wearables, Xfinity Mobile began support for iPhones 6/6S and newer over the xfinity Mobile (Verizon) network. Does this change mean my Apple Watch 3 which currently supported on the Verizon Network will be included on the Xfinity Mobile cellular network?
Official Employee

Re: Request for update Apple Watch 3 support

Hi tnt325, the Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular version is still not supported by Xfinity Mobile.

Thank you

Contributor

@ComcastPhill wrote:

Hi tnt325, the Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular version is still not supported by Xfinity Mobile.

Thank you

Please add my request for this support.

Regular Visitor

You must be saying without say it that there are technical reasons you don't support wearables.  Xfinity Mobile has been making a grab for iPhone users, that is clear with their latest promotion and so far my iPhone 6S works well on the Xfinity Mobile network. According to Apple their Apple Watch 3 works on the Verzon network and you are offering the Verizon network for iPhone users so what is the difference? Honestly I would love to purchase an Xfinity Mobile account for my watch as well. So does anybody know if the "wearable" device presents a technical problem for Xfinity?

New Poster

I agree.
New Poster

I contacted them via text a few weeks ago and they stated they are working on cellular support for the series 3. They said “very soon” and to keep checking back.
New Poster

Comcast employees lie to get you to leave them alone. Only trust what the employees tell you in the Xfinity store.
Official Employee

All, 

At this time, Apple has only made the Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular version available on AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. Therefore, Xfinity Mobile customers will not be able to use the GPS + Cellular Apple Watch to independently connect to the Xfinity Mobile network.

As with previous Apple Watch models, Xfinity Mobile customers can continue to use the GPS-only version of the new Apple Watch, which can be purchased directly from Apple, with their Xfinity Mobile-issued iPhone.

Regular Visitor

So KenF/ComcastPhil while your answer(s) to my question are essentially the same as it was in KenF's reply on Dec 19 you are now saying the "technical" reason is Apple is preventing Xfinity from offering support for the Apple Watch 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular versions (Can I say "at this time?").  OK, I get it.  While you are using the Verizon network and paying them a premium for the right, you are not using the part of Verizon that is offering support for wearables, Apple's or otherwise.

If there is one message I took away from your commercials during the Olympics is, and I agree, Comcast is in business and working with us in mind - you have increased my internet speed at no added cost, offered two-year plans at reasonably lower cost (for me) and now offer low cost by-the-gig data plans which I now have. While I bought my watch with cellular before I converted to Xfinity by-the-gig plan I can live with WiFi for the time being.  I will hold you to your pledge that you will continue to support the consumer, and, at some time in the near future, offer support for wearables.

Thank you for your reply.