Community Forum

Receiving text message late.

Regular Visitor

Receiving text message late.

My samsung s8+ and wife iphone 6s plus receiving our text messages hours to a day later. Both phones wasn't the original phone that we got the sim cards for. My was on an iphone 5 and her was an iphone 6. We popped the sims card into the new phone but i don't think that's is the problems. Any ideas?
Official Employee

Re: Receiving text message late.

Hi FishOn209, I can assist you with getting your latency issue resolved. To clarify, you had sim cards in your original phones but you placed them into phones you already had (S8+ and IPhone6) and the problem started at that time? If this is the case, have you tried getting new sim cards for the phones you're currently using? If you put the sim cards back into the original phones, does text messaging work properly? 

Regular Visitor

I didn't have it in the byod long before taking the sim cards out and putting it in these other phone we had. It seem like it only affects group messaging. Other receiving/sending individually see normal.

Both my wife and I are in the same group text with our friend. For the most part we get the response like you would normally but we will get about 5 or so late text coming through around 4AM to 5AM, bot my wife and I get it late at the same time. We check with our friend and they send those during the day because their response were out of sequence.

It happened to all my group text.
Official Employee

The phone that your friend is sending the messages from, are they IPhones as well? Have you tried disabling your Imessage feature under your settings? 

Regular Visitor

Their phone are Iphones, I'm on my S8+
Official Employee

FishOn209 wrote: Their phone are Iphones, I'm on my S8+

Getting a new sim card for your S8+ should solve your latency problem. Please go into a local Xfinity mobile service center and pick one up there, or we can get one shipped out to you. 

New Poster

Cable lines low across driveway

Dear Comcast Amir:

I saw that you responded to a question earlier this month about cable lines being low.  I was out of town and when I returned today there is a low cable line across my driveway.  My service is not being interrupted, but its just over barely over my truck, and Im concerned if it falls lower I may have a problem.  Can you help me?

Official Employee

Re: Cable lines low across driveway

Hi rgalvantx, I can assist you with getting your cable line raised. I see you sent a private message with your account information, please reach back out to me there. 

Regular Visitor

Tried new sim card and still the same thing.
Official Employee

FishOn209, Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help.