Community Forum

Received double order of phones

Frequent Visitor

Received double order of phones

Husband and I went to comcast store to begin mobile service. The phones we wanted were not available so the comcast rep placed an order of two phones for us. When we got home we found that our credit card company put a hold on the purchase to insure that it wasn't fraud. We cleared the purchase with the bank. The bank then called comcast to make sure the purchase went through. The comcast reps on the phone said that the order couldn't be put through. What? They refused to understand that it was the credit card bank calling them. So....

We went back to the store. The comcast rep at the store put in a new order rather than pushing the original one through. She did not cancel the original order. We have just recieved a double order of the phones and have just confirmed with the bank that we have been billed for both.

Seriously, what a mucking mess of incompetance.

How do we deal with this? Do we take the extra phones to the store for refund? Do we have to send them back? How long does it take to get a refund in either case? I am looking for the best/fastest way to get this resolved to make the financial hadship go away as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or input.

Official Employee

Re: Received double order of phones

Shessar, thanks for posting here. 

You can send the devices back the same way you received them. If an order was placed online or over the phone it must be returned the same way (the store cannot process an online order return). 

You have the option of either refusing the delivery or you can call XFINITY Mobile to begin the process for the return on the devices you don't want. 

Once the warehouse receives the device, it can take up to 30 days for processing. Once they inspect the device and it is in mint condition, your refund will follow. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response Ken. It helped. Smiley Happy

I have returned the two extra phones that were sent by mistake. I was chared a $35 restocking fee for each phone. That is $70 dollars for phones that were delivered as a result of Comcast's error!!!!

Unbelievable. I feel like this whole ordeal has been one big ripoff and that I have been stuck paying for this company's incompetant reps.

I am so angry I could spit!

Frequent Visitor

I just told everyone at our senior citizens club what happened and all agree that they will never use Xfinity mobile. They said that they would pass the word to everyone they knew about this company's scam practices as well. It is a small revenge for costing us money that we can't afford. But revenge it is.

Also considering filing a complaint with state's Attorney General. We should not have been charged for your mistake. Period.

Official Employee

Shessar, I agree-- you shouldn't be charged for the mistake. While we can't refund a restocking fee, we can apply a credit for it. I recommend calling XFINITY Mobile to request the credit for those two restocking fees. 

KenF