Community Forum

Received Calls "Call Failed" issues Please Help.

Frequent Visitor

Received Calls "Call Failed" issues Please Help.

Recent Xfinity Mobile subscriber and ported 2 numbers from AT&T with iPhone 6s.  I live in a Houston suburb HOA where Cell Towers are not allowed so very weak cell signal in my home and previously used an AT&T Microcell booster to have good reception in house.  Now with Xfinity Mobile the booster no longer works so I need to rely on WiFi calling to ensure strong coverage within my home. 

The Issue:

I would say on about 25% of all incoming calls when I try to answer the call it prompts "Call Failed" and sends the incoming call to Voicemail.  This could occur repeatedly where my wife called 3 times straight all with the same issue.  No problems with me hitting the call back button and reaching her.  I have very strong wifi signal and download 70 mbps and upload 7 mbps, ping 12 ms.  Seems to be only an issue when I am using Wifi Calling as I have never had the issue outside of my home.

Question:

1) Is Comcast aware of this issue and working on a resolution?

2) I can't imagine an easy fix on my end but please advise if there are any router settings that I would need to modify?  I a Netgear AC1750 Model R6400 Router.

3) I read that Xfinity "piggybacks" on Verizon so could I buy a Verizon cell booster for my home?  Verizon said I couldn't because I don't have a Verizon number that I could register.  My brother has Verizon I don't know if I could buy a booster put it on his account and then add my Xfinity Mobile number as a "boosted number".

Please advise as I have been actually recommending Xfinity Mobile to others but getting reluctant with these consistant "Call Failed" issues.

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Received Calls "Call Failed" issues Please Help.

nich0142, that's correct, we do not have compatibility with boosters or extenders at this time. 

A Verizon cell booster would not be compatible either. I got your private message and will help troubleshoot your issues with Wifi calling there. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having the same problem! It is extremely frustrating. This is marked as [Solved] so what was the solution?
New Poster

Any solution to this?

I have no cell signal in my home and rely on Calling Over WiFi....

The majority of calls that come in Fail as soon as I try to answer the call.

I can however call out... but other users report that when I call out when on 

Calling Over Wifi’ that they say the call drops and then rings again immediately.

I switched from Verizon and NEVER had an issue with WiFi calling. I may have to switch back if no resolution is found.

I have updated my phone to most recent iOS, Updated carrier settings, reset Network settings after being on a tech support call with Xfinity.

They even swapped my SIM card for another and reset everything again.

Problem still is ongoing! This seems like an issue with Xfinity configuration somewhere... not our devices...

Please help!!!

Frequent Visitor

Happens quite frequently when calling between the phones on the XM account. Call comes in fine, but as soon as the receiving phone attempts to answer, it goes to call failed. Would be nice to have a resolution to this. 

New Poster

Hi I am using iphone SE and conctantly have an issue with 'call failed'. Is there any way that I can still use xfinity and iphone together? It is so frustrating and hope this issue would be solved soon before I change the wire vendor.

New Poster

also having this problem- xfinity to xfinity calling with my husband is nearly impossible.... is there a fix or do we need to switch?

New Poster

I have been having the same issue. I can't seem to answer any calls and it's very frustrating. Please advise how to solve this as I didn't see any solutions listed in the replies.

Frequent Visitor

I'm still having issues and in fact more issues after replacing my SIM card that was recommended by Tier 2 support.    In fact Tier 2 said that a 25% Call Failed Rate should be expected!

The only way that I see this getting resolved if more people start calling Tier 2 with their issues.

Tier 2 can be reached at: 866-447-5048

Regular Visitor

Hi, has this been resolved? I am having the identical issue and am about to switch to another company as this is complety absurd and unnecessary. 2 brand new Iphone XS Max phones and identical issues. Not a phone issue... have been through all the troubleshooting steps with tons of reps, and only work around is setting phones to Airplane Mode and turning Wifi and bluetooth on. Which is ridiculous. PLEASE advise!

New Poster

Same here.  Constant dropped or failed calls if WiFi is in the call setup.

The issue seems to be around WiFi, either on the calling end and/or the receiving end. If I call cellular to cellular (my XM iPhone to my wife's XM iPhone, or vice versa, or any other cellular connection) it works fine. BUT if the calling end is Wifi-based, be it XM Wifi at home or even a VOIP-based service such as Vonage, the call will fail on the XM cellular receiving end. OR, if the calling end is XM cellular and the receiving end is XM WiFi,  the call will fail.

Low rates are great, but only if it works. I have to rely on Wifi at home due to XM cellular coverage is nonexistent indoors.

New Poster

The only thing that seemed to help was resetting my network settings. Unfortunately this also resets all my Wifi settings as well and I lose all my logins for each network I connect to. I feel like it might have something to do with my SIM card because my husband has the identical phone and we brough both of our lines over from Verion and his never does it. For whatever reason my phone is the only one that can never seem to answer a call.

New Poster

UPDATE

I just called the Tier 2 line and was told to call *832 after each failed call and do that for the next six failed calls. Then she told me to call back and they would investigate further because it seemed to be a network issue and they would contact Verizon at that point.

Frequent Visitor

Im having the same issue! its redicoulous.....I cant even answer my wifes calls its a call fail everytime...well about 85% of the time...

Frequent Visitor

Same Issue!!! its crazy...any solutions yet? 

New Poster

No solutions, but a workaround for me is to put the phone in Airplane Mode while at home. Then it relies on WiFi only for calls, which seems to work.  Just don't forget to change out of Airplane Mode when you leave your home.

Frequent Visitor

thanks , Thats bull, we shouldnt have to do that

Regular Visitor

Same issue here, mine started in May.  We constantly get "call failed" on all incoming calls. As soon as we try to answer it instantly denies the call & just gives us a system error "Call Failure" I have to do a power restore & then it works for a few days but goes right back to call failure after about 3 days. It happens more frequently now. I do have wifi calling on so I don't know if that perhaps is causing this error?  I use my phone for 75% business and these drop calls are really hurting me! 

Frequent Visitor

Ya this is rediculous, the service is almost useless... happens way too often idk how this hasn’t been fixed yet. Why have a phone when you can’t even answer calls.
Contributor

same problem

New Poster

I switched over at the end of September and have experienced the same thing repeatedly.   Based on the fact that I see several screen loads of people with teh same issue, it is clearly systemic.  I did call Xfinity "Support" and I was on hold for over 20 minutes while the agent went to research the problem when - you guessed it - CALL FAILED.  Did any one call back?  Of course not.

Contributor

Booster is not issue -- wifi incoming does not work

New Poster

I spoke to Tier 2 and they also tried to sell me on the concept that having 15% of my calls drop was normal.  I have 3 lines, I live outside Hartford CT/ one son lives in Danbury CT and the 3rd lives in Washington DC.  All 3 of us expeience the dramatic increase i dropped calls and they tried to tell me we all just happen to be in the wrong location in terms of where a Verizon wtower might be.  Total bunk.

I will also say that the incentives I was offered diminished every step of the way.  I went from getting $300 per line to switch and keep my phones to $150 per line after I wait 4 1/2 months.  My solution was to go back to my previous carrier.  

The Xfinity Mobile service is completely unready for prime time, in my estimation.

Regular Visitor

I am having CALL FAILS daily and it has affected my business and now when I call out no one can hear me on the other end and I cannot hear them.

When will theae issues be resolved?
Frequent Visitor

I don’t understand how they haven’t addressed this or sent out a memo on how it’s going to get resolved... my phone is almost useless with this service... it’s annoying and it isn’t right...
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I know this is not right!
Contributor

THis is not answered - the person simply stated that they could no longer us the booster and that WiFi needed to work.

I agree - WiFi needs to work.

On another thread it was described as -- getting a strong WiFi signal and making/receiving a call and the phone will switch to a weak cell signal and because of that weak signal drop. It dones not try to find the strong WiFi signal again. (That is when/if you CAN answer or call)

THIS IS A VERY CRITICAL ISSUE TO GET RESOLVED.

New Poster

Any luck getting this resolved? I’ve spent hours on phone. Replaced SIM, replaced phone, restored phone from factory settings. Spoken to Xfinity, Verizon, Apple. No one can fix it.
Frequent Visitor

Same here, I tried to leave but they want the phone paid off before they can unlock it... it’s rediculous already
New Poster

I brought over my phones Has anyone experienced this with a phone they bought through Xfinity?
New Poster

I brought my 6splus from ATT. I can call out, but all incoming calls fail. I reset the network, disable call forwarding and it sometimes works for a few calls, then back to failed calls. I also changed the SIM card amd reset by phone to factory settings. All of this failed. Makes no different if it is WiFi or regular calling, both fail. This is so frustrating!

Frequent Visitor

So did I and Comcast has no answer for it. And I can’t even get out until I pay off the phone. Worse service I have ever experienced and the fact that they still don’t know what’s wrong and or even fixed it boggles my mind
New Poster

I have been an Xfinity Mobile user for 4 or so months and this has happened since I joined and still happens today.   It is incredibly frustrating.  If you need to take incoming calls don't expect success over 50% when you need to be on WiFi.  

I also commonly loose calls when the phone decides to go off of the WiFi and use the terrible service that I have at my house.  It definitely does not favor WiFi.  

Of course like all others if you put it in AirPlane mode it works.  There must be a better solution.

New Poster

Same issue here. Putting the phone into airplane mode is a workaround. But this is ridiculous! It should work automatically!

Frequent Visitor

My wife and I have had two new iPhone 8's on the Xfinity Mobile system for about the last 3 months.  We were previously with Verizon.  I will tell you, this is not just a Wifi issue.  Neither of us have ever used Wifi as a connection and never had a problem when we were with Verizon.  Oddly, the only time we get Failed Call is when we are in our house playing on our respective Playstations in different rooms and use our phones to talk to each other.  Today, in the course of about 2 hours, we had about 6 Failed Calls.  Thank goodness it hasn't been an issue otherwise but like most, it is aggrevating none-the-less.  I have been with Comcast for several years for screaming fast internet, TV, home security, and now, mobile.  I've been happy with all....except....mobile.  Somebody at Comcast had better be paying attention as I see a lot of defections on the horizon.

New Poster

I had the same issue of "Call Failed" when ever I try to pick the phone calls few days back. Then looking at this chats ... I figured that I had turned on WiFI calling two day and that was the culprit. I have now turned-off that, and power off my iphone and turned the iphone back on - seems my issue has been fixed. Now, I am able to pick the phone without dropping the calls.

I believe xfinity does not have the WiFI calling for prime time, although they mentioned that the feature is available. 

So, I suggest we need to ask xifinity why this feature is mentioned to be used, if this is not ready to be available for the consumer! 

Frequent Visitor

For the record, I do not, and have not, had Wifi calling activated.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same exact problem with my Iphone 6 s, my wife has a 5 and it works fine.

Xfinity better get their act together or I am going back to Verison.

Contributor

Has the other thread on this exact topic which was started last April and had hundreds of posts been removed? Perhaps it has just been removed from my view since I pointed out the "updates" were repetitive and condescending. Of course, those individual posts were removed. Interesting, we wouldn't want prospective customres to know about the year long issue with no solution. Provide what you are advertising and charging for and postive feedback will come.

Regular Visitor

I called again today. My son is expecting their baby anytime now and when I’m at home my calls drop. Very nervous I may miss the call. You would think WiFi being connected would ensure full signal strength ? I was told today that it happens because my signal drops and my phone is trying to switch to WiFi? Isn’t that the point of having the phone connected to WiFi? I had sprint and att in the past with no issues staying connected. When is this going to be corrected?
Valued Contributor

@Mpsully07 wrote:
I called again today. My son is expecting their baby anytime now and when I’m at home my calls drop. Very nervous I may miss the call. You would think WiFi being connected would ensure full signal strength ? I was told today that it happens because my signal drops and my phone is trying to switch to WiFi? Isn’t that the point of having the phone connected to WiFi? I had sprint and att in the past with no issues staying connected. When is this going to be corrected?

If you haven't read this thread yet you should.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/WiFi-calling-frequent-drops-and-call-failed-issues/td-p...

Regular Visitor

Thanks, I have read this with no help for my problem. Hopefully xfinity mobile will upgrade their service and correct this soon. I can atleast receive texts regardless , not sure why it is only calls.
New Poster

Here's the actual issue. VoLTE. I confirmed with Apple that the issue is with that but their not sure if it's their fault or Verizon. That said, here's a confirmed fix since I had 100's of dropped calls. Go into settings, cellular, cellular data options and select "Enable LTE" then for data ONLY. Not voice and data. This won't fix WiFi calling issues and will also stop cellular data while on a call but they won't drop. I hope this helps and lot of people cause it took me months to debug it. Once I saw the diagnostics from Apple and every failed call was VoLTE I knew I had solved it. (Sort of.) Not the best solution but it works. Good luck to all! And please Xfinity/Verizon/Apple... Fix this for real!
Regular Visitor

Thanks. I will try. I don’t recall being able to enable or disable LTE in my settings.
Regular Visitor

It won’t let me select LTE . I will just turn off and see what happens.
New Poster

For options (iPhone Xr running 12.2 iOS) I have data only/voice and data/off. If you do data only, you should be good for the dropped calls issue. If you turn it off completely, then your cellular data, I.e. Google etc will run on 3G speed. Still the voice won't drop... But it'll slow other stuff down.
Regular Visitor

Thanks. I turned off LTE and was able to have a 20 minute conversation without my call dropping while at home. Your right they need to fix this ! Very frustrating.
Regular Visitor

I live where there is no cell signal and rely on WiFi calling. You would think xfinity would have the best WiFi calling. It does not , I constantly lost connection and they could not resolve. The tech tried to act like it was normal when the phone lost signal and switched to WiFi to drop call. Never had this happened with other providers. I switched for price to xfinity. I cancelled my plan and went with t- mobile 40.00 unlimited 10 gb and everything works fine and I pay less. I did keep my parents line with xfinity because they live where the signal is great at their home and are on the pay by gig. Make a switch if you cannot make calls in rural areas or where you have weak signal and experience drop calls. It is my opinion you won’t regret it if your frustrated. Any provider would be better if you can eliminate dropped calls.
Contributor

I have LTE on for only data as suggested and it may have helped some - but the only way I can consisently use my phone while in my home is in airport mode. 

it works - sometimes I have to turn it on as off as it does not like to change nodes in the house at times (I have a google mesh system), 

A pain to have to remember to turn cell service on when leaving the house -- takes me back to the days befor mobile phones -- hmmmm maybe not so bad at times...

New Poster

Hi Ken - Please contact me. I have been having issues for 9 Months.