Community Forum

Re: xfinity mobile - SSN

Highlighted
New Poster

I just went through the same thing and told them I was extremely uncomfortable with this and I have never heard such a thing.

In this day and age of scams it's unbelievable that they would expect anyone to provide that information over the phone.

They just lost my business.

Jim
New Poster

This is unacceptable. I was even told by the individual that they were not doing a credit check at all they did not understand what I meant by a soft inquiry or hard inquiry

I thought point I felt totally uncomfortable and as far as I'm concerned this is a scam even if it's for real p
Official Employee

Jpdow01, sorry to hear about your experience. We do perform a hard credit inquiry via Equifax to set up your XFINITY Mobile account. The XFINITY Mobile account and your residential services are not linked as far as your social security number is concerned so a new check is needed as the XFINITY Mobile account is separate from your residential services. I understand being uncomfortable providing this info over the phone. You can also start service online or at any XFINITY Mobile store. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!