Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Re: worst signal compared to other provider

Regular Visitor

I have the same issues. The latency is completely unacceptable, usually over 100 milliseconds. No Wifi calling so I have to use Google voice if and when I can find an Xfinity hotspot. I've found several areas where AT&T used to work, if it really is using Verizon towers, I'm not getting priority access. To make matters worse Xfinity's coverage map COMBINES Wifi hotspots with LTE giving the consumer the illusion of great coverage. Seriously thinking about leaving Xfinity. I've contacted them and never get a return call. They know the network is isn't as good as Verizon, and they have zero knowledge!!!!
Contributor

XM uses Verizon towers. There is no if. I've noticed latency is higher on XM v Verizon which to me would mean Verizon is prioritized which makes sense . I have both carriers and speed on Ookla are identical with latency being the only difference.
Official Employee

I am not relating Cell tower Proximity to APN settings. Our APN settings are fixed. 

Cell proximity is in relation to general coverage and cell strength. The closer you are to the nearest geographical tower, the better your reception.