Community Forum

Re: "Fraud Verification" is a scam. Cancels orders with no warning.

Frequent Visitor

Signed up for Xfinity Mobile and ordered a new phone. They have all my info. I have been a Comcast customer for over 30 years. I paid with my credit/debit card that I have had for 25 years. But they flagged my order and I start getting threats of canceling my order in 48 hours if I do not respond. So I call them up and then they start demanding ID Varification. Things like my full name, birth date, address and the kicker... My Social Securty Number. W T H Comcast??? Just get off your lazy butts and look at my customer profile. I told them they can cancel and keep their service and phone. Looking at a tree removal company to remove two trees in line of site of the Satilite and then I'll be going to Dish or Direct TV and HughesNet. 

Official Employee

DaveJ98092, thanks for taking the time to post about your experience. We definitely value your loyalty over the years and are excited to see you are interested in the XFINITY Mobile offerings. It is frustrating to hear about your experience but this process is in place to protect the integrity of your account. Typically, the review/verification process begins because of some kind of discrepancy during the ordering process. Did you have a previously uncompleted order prior to the order in question? Perhaps the card name you used to get service doesn't match the one on your physical account? We need to verify your identification to confirm your purchase and get you squared away. You can reach out to our SPA team for more info: 844-963-0011.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

KenF, No this did not answer the question.

1. Being that I am a long time customer, my stats should be good enough to back up who I am.

2. The credit/Debit card used for this transaction is the same one I pay my Xfinity bill with monthly.

3. Asking to verify who I am is OK, I understand fraud. But to ask for my 'Social Security Number' is just WRONG.

4. To quote that you need these items to check with 'Exprian' but it is not a credit check is a crock of ('B U L L') .

This all goes back to Xfinity not allowing me to BYOD my Android but you will SELL me the SAME EXACT phone, but then hit me with this 'Verifacation Scam'. Untill your executive group approves Android BYOD, you will not sell me a phone or get my $12 per month.

Contributor

Let me explain it one way. Would you like a total stranger to buy a phone off of your account? Even if they had your street address and card number. No, you would not. The Verification is there to protect you from incurring unauthorized charges and without a surprise phone being delivered. They need your SS in order to know it's you, and they will ask you questions in order to see if it is actually you.