Community Forum

Re: iPhone 7: Calls immediately disconnect when I answer them on wifi calling

New Poster

Both my wife and I have iPhone 7’s with the latest iOS and experience this issue. Mine is from Xfinity mobile and hers is brought over from Verizon, but we have the same issue. Called and was told to reset network settings, but that did not work for either phone and the tech conceded this was a known issue with other people. This seems like a network issue not a specific phone issue. Either way, my wife uses her phone work working from home and if it continues I may have to switch her back to Verizon which is the last thing I want to do... please resolve this...
New Poster

Interesting. So just to confirm, your wife was using wifi calling on Verizon with the same phone and not having this issue? And then after she moved the phone to Xfinity Wireless, the problem started happening?

Official Employee

Sphillips15, I've seen this issue on other threads as well. Are you seeing the same issue when connecting to other wiFi networks too?

Contributor

I had several calls disconnected this morning.  Wifi calling is turned on, cellular data is turned off and wifi was connected and working.  I was wondering all day, what could have triggered this.  I had turned on cellular data, but still got the calls abruptly disconnected; went to airplane mode, came back, but the issue persisted.  I tried making calls via WhatsApp and that failed as well.  Not sure if this is same as the OP but worried now.  Never had this before when I was with Verizon.  

Official Employee

cmouly2, it looks like you may have an issue with perhaps your connected wifi since it is affecting other apps. Are you connecting at home when these issues happen? You may have signal issues with your modem. 

KenF

Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

cmouly2, it looks like you may have an issue with perhaps your connected wifi since it is affecting other apps. Are you connecting at home when these issues happen? You may have signal issues with your modem. 

KenF

Thanks for the response.  I need to try and monitor this.  I do not know if this is related to the wifi at that time or if it is happening with other wifi connections.  I doubt it is related to the wifi becaue both incoming and outgoing calls were getting disconnected (both with cellular data switched off and switched on).  So not sure.  I need to try this in other environments for sure. 

Official Employee

cmouly2, totally. Once you have an opportunity to try it on another network, let me know. 

KenF

Official Employee

cmouly2, checking in-- have you been able to test on another network?