Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: iPhone 7: Calls immediately disconnect when I answer them on wifi calling

New Poster

I am having the same problem and it's very frustrating.  I am using the iPhone X, and the call drops when I'm making overseas phone calls.  I've had the caller tell me that they were unable to connect to me and to try again later.  I've considered changing phone models but it seems that it's happening across models.  Can Xfinity Comcast please deal with this issue?  I can't make calls at my home without wifi calling either due to poor Verizon coverage.  Can you provide a signal booster that will help pick up the Verizon signal?

Official Employee

Kapur, we do not provide signal boosters and existing boosters from elsewhere are not compatible. Do you have a store nearby? I would recommend swapping out your sim card for a new one. 

KenF

New Poster

This is the third SIM card I have tried with this phone.  I don't understand why the calls would continually drop when I am wifi calling and I am right next to the wifi?  I am using the newest available Comcast router.  

New Poster

Please let me know what I can do to deal with this problem.  I need to use this phone for business calls and can't have it cutting out all the time.

Official Employee

Kapur, have you tried a factory reset? Is your device still in warranty? 

KenF

New Poster

Yes, I have.  It is under warranty still.  I just got it in January.

Official Employee

OK. Have you tried a factory reset? If that doesn't work, you can try a warranty exchange. 

KenF