Community Forum

Re: Xfinity wouldn't unlock my device (they change there policy every month)

Frequent Visitor

It has been more than a month now and still my devices are not unlocked. There is a process change again Smiley Sad I was asked to send an email to request for unlock which I did and was told that xfinity would send me an email back within 48-72 hours. I didn't get any update after even after 72 hours. Called customer support to check the status and the support agent said I need to talk to TIER2 support regarding the issue and transferred me over. I waited on the call for 90 minutes and no one answered. Called in again two days later, this time the support person tells me that the phone is already unlocked. I asked the person to wait while I checked the phones and it is NOT unlocked. When I told the support agent that it is still not unlocked, she said it will take another 72 hours (I could clearly hear someone was prompting her to say that in the back).

Waited 72 hours and nothing happened. Called in again and the support agent looked up and said there is no update on the request from TIER2 department. She tells me that she is going to open another ticket (#2). I asked what happened to the original ticket (#1) and she goes "well, I don't know". I was really frustrated and asked her what is it going to take by adding more tickets to the issue without getting any response. She said that is all she can do from her end. I had no other choice and said fine. So she created another ticket and said the turnaround time is 72 hours.

72 hours gone and there is no reply whatsoever.

Called in again to check what is really going on, I found out that there is no update on the ticket this time as well. I was really annoyed and asked for a supervisor. He comes in and tells me the same story. He said that he needs to open another ticket (#3) as that is the only process they have. Are you kidding? I explained to him that this is going to be the third ticket for the same request and is it really worth it. He goes "well, all previous tickets were opened by agents and this is going to be from a Supervisor so the turnaround time would be 24 hours". I asked him what happened to the previous tickets and he said that there is no update on those. I said how is it going to make a difference with this one then. But I had no other choice and said fine open it.

24 hours gone and there is no update yet!!!!!

Reason I requested for unlock is because of my upcoming travel outside USA. I completely lost the trust I had in Xfinity. With just a week left for my travel I do not think my phones will be unlocked. 

Official Employee

Thangaraj, thanks for posting. The new requirements for unlocks are: Device must be paid off, you must have had the device on your account for at least one billing cycle, and there cannot be a pending exchange for the device. 

I'm guessing you have an iPhone? Those usually process within 3 business days. Let's see what the hold up is. 

Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Frequent Visitor

Last time I talked to an Xfinity customer support supervisor, he checked my account and said I have met all the requirements for unlocking the device yet he was not sure why the devices are still not unlocked.

I have sent you a private message with details requested.

New Poster

I am in the same boat. I have had two tickets submitted to unlock as I'm eligible and I continue to get denied. Please help