Community Forum

Re: Xfinity Mobile THE WORST!!!! (Bring Your Own Device Problem)

Frequent Visitor

I was contacted by someone at comcast who said that he was escalating this issue to some office in Denver. I have not heard back from him in about a month (though I did tell him that he didn't have to continually call because I was sure he had other things to do. It was nice of him to offer though.). I hope he gets back to me soon with some sort of resolution. 

Official Employee

cptodd1, have you gotten an update yet? I can check on your ticket if you'd like. Just send me a private message if you need help. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Not yet. I assume that he dosen't have any new information. That said, I was just solicited to try Xfinity stream and asked the person I spoke with on the phone (I called back to customer service) about the block on my account. She said that she didn't see anything. She then transferred me to some other team that said that they don't see any block (fraud block). I just don't trust that what they are saying is true. Not because they are lying but because it does not seem to me that one end of Comcast knows what the other is doing. In any event, she said that I should go into the store and try again. I will go at some point. I hope that it is not yet another frustrating and surreal experience.

Anyhow, to answer your question: I will probably just go in at some point so no need to look over things.

Official Employee

cptodd1, well they probably couldn't see any blocks because all things BYOD are done in store. I can't even see a block if it is there for BYOD. From my experience, these blocks occur because of a pending order for an online order entry that was started but never finished, security blocks on your credit report, etc. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Looks like the block was removed because I was able to go into the store and establish service.