Community Forum

Re: Xfinity Mobile THE WORST!!!! (Bring Your Own Device Problem)

Regular Visitor

I have the same exact problem. Except that they were able to do one of my lines as BYOD but the second one had the exact same issue described in this thread. Wanted to bring both lines together.

Here is my ordeal with xfinity store yesterday -

1) activated one line with new phone number via BOYD and the next day they were able to port in my number from ATT for this line

2) tried to do BYOD for second line and this dreaded error message popped up and the store employees told me they cannot do anything. apparently its some retail fraud alert but to me it seems like a classic bait and switch tactic to make ppl buy devices

3) even the one line that got activated on BOYD started to give problems with outgoing texts so went back to ATT and transferred it back (luckily ATT has 59 day right to return to same account policy so it just took about 30 minutes to transfer back the line and put it back in my account as if nothing has happend)

Hello xfinity mobile, if you are not ready with BYOD .... DONT OFFER in the first place. Please dont tell innocent customers some bs stories about "retail fraud alert" bs because its not true. Even your store employees and customer service reps could not say what exactly is the problem. My credit is exceptional and I have been at the same address for a long time and also been with ATT for over 15 years without changing carriers .... so I dont buy your bs stories.

Official Employee

I have the same exact problem. Except that they were able to do one of my lines as BYOD but the second one had the exact same issue described in this thread. Wanted to bring both lines together.

Here is my ordeal with xfinity store yesterday -

1) activated one line with new phone number via BOYD and the next day they were able to port in my number from ATT for this line

2) tried to do BYOD for second line and this dreaded error message popped up and the store employees told me they cannot do anything. apparently its some retail fraud alert but to me it seems like a classic bait and switch tactic to make ppl buy devices

3) even the one line that got activated on BOYD started to give problems with outgoing texts so went back to ATT and transferred it back (luckily ATT has 59 day right to return to same account policy so it just took about 30 minutes to transfer back the line and put it back in my account as if nothing has happend)

Hello xfinity mobile, if you are not ready with BYOD .... DONT OFFER in the first place. Please dont tell innocent customers some bs stories about "retail fraud alert" bs because its not true. Even your store employees and customer service reps could not say what exactly is the problem. My credit is exceptional and I have been at the same address for a long time and also been with ATT for over 15 years without changing carriers .... so I dont buy your bs stories.

Thanks for posting. This is not an intentional error. We definitely want your business. I see you've sent me a private message so I'll follow up with you there. 

KenF