Community Forum

Re: Xfinity Mobile Activation STILL down

Regular Visitor

My wife's is now at day 8 without a phone due to a failed port and my other two phones do not have the personal hotspots configured properly. Tier 2 support has yet to address either of my issues. I am just about running out of patience and figured I would try this forum to see if anyone can help at all. 

Official Employee

kevlaura, What happened with the port? Were you able to confirm the account information from your previous carrier? 

Were tickets created for either issue? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hey Ken,

I called in to activate all three lines last Wednesday. The gentleman that did the porting for me said all three ported fine, after a couple tries, and that the phones would be working shortly. Soon after I noticed that my wife's phone was not working, even though your system says it is. 

Over the next couple days, I spent numerous hours on the phone and one rep seemed to think the SIM card was defective. They mailed me a new card that arrived on Tuesday and that didn't work. I then called Mobile Care and the rep noticed phone was showing as active and then also noticed a "pending port". He tried to update the port information and was given an error code that needed Tier 2 support. I knew this was bad news as my Tier 2 ticket for the tethering/hotspot problem had not been addressed in 7 days when they told me 3 days. He assured me that this type of problem would garner a call back with 24 hours. It has now been 48 hours and no call back.  I do not have a ticket number for this one, but I was assured it was submitted.  I even spoke to the port people at Verizon and she saw the phone was activated at 19:45 on 8/30 and then it was deactivated at 19:46 on 8/30.   

For the tethering/mobile hotspot issue, ticket was created over a week ago and we are now at day 8 with no ability to toggle the personal hotspot on and no contact from anyone. I do have the ticket number for this one. 

kevlaura