Community Forum

Re: XM says it now has wifi calling - but there's a big glitch

New Poster

I switched my IPhone SE from Verizon to Xfinity on Feb. 4, when I saw that XM now wifi calling.  I was waiting for this to switch to XM.  When I go to set up wifi calling, I can't get it to recognize whatever 911 emergency address I put in.  Nothing works.

Are we going to get an answer to this?

I have called customer service three times, each time they said they were going to send out new SIM cards to replace the ones I got when I switched to XM.  I haven't got the SIM cards yet.

Reading this forum, it looks like if I ever get the SIM cards, they probably won't work.

I certainly don't want to go back to Verizon, but we have a very weak cellular phone signal, and the only way it works is by wifi calling.

What can you do?

Thanks

Official Employee

bcook39, yes Sim swaps are no longer a method to resolve this issue. Have you done all the troubleshooting steps here: 

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/360000126366/what-is-wifi-calling

A customer told me that a iTunes factory restore resolved the issue for them so you can try that if you'd like. 

If so, send me a private message and I'll reach out to Tier 2. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

Hi Comcast KenF,

I tried everything  you suggested, including Itunes factory restore, but it still won't accept my Emergency Address.

What should I do now?

Official Employee

MaineCoonKitty wrote: I tried everything  you suggested, including Itunes factory restore, but it still won't accept my Emergency Address. What should I do now?

Have you tried using another address other than your home address to see if it will bypass the security screen? Have you tried rebooting the equipment? Please make sure there are no dashes or special characters when you insert your address. If you have completed all steps and you still cannot get the feature to operate properly, we would have to submit a ticket to our tier 2 team for review and for them to manually input your information on our end. Please reach back out to me here if you need additional assistance.

Regular Visitor

I have used many addresses, even the post office, but nothing seems to work.  I have restored my IPhone SE to factory settings and done a complete restore from Itunes, and done the Xfinity Mobile carrier settings update.  Let's submit a ticket to the tier 2 team.

Official Employee

MaineCoonKitty wrote: I have used many addresses, even the post office, but nothing seems to work.  I have restored my IPhone SE to factory settings and done a complete restore from Itunes, and done the Xfinity Mobile carrier settings update.  Let's submit a ticket to the tier 2 team.

Was the IPhone SE brought over from another carrier? We currently don't support the IPhone SE from another carrier which may be the reason you're having issues with this feature, the IPhone SE will only work properly with the service if it is branded by Verizon or Comcast.

Contributor

WiFi calling will not validate the address. This is now a known issue that is being worked, supposedly, by xfinity support. Someone messed up something big time. Restarts, restores, rebooting, different addresses does not work. Stop providing false hope and admit there is an issue. Half backed guesses on solutions do no good when the problem is xfiniti’s system. Man up and admit there is a problem and get people working on a solution.

"We currently don't support the IPhone SE from another carrier". Bzzzztttt, wrong. I have an iPhone SE, ported from Verizon, that works just fine except for WiFi calling. The same issue I have on my iPhone 6S.

Regular Visitor

My Iphone SE was brought over from Verizon.  Everything else works fine except for the wifi calling that I really need.

Official Employee

MaineCoonKitty wrote: My Iphone SE was brought over from Verizon.  Everything else works fine except for the wifi calling that I really need.

We are aware of this problem and are currently working to fix the issue on our end, however the information that I provided regarding the IPhone SE from another carrier not being compatible with our services is correct. As I stated in my response above the equipment has to be Comcast branded or Verizon. I can create a ticket to have your issue taken care of by our tier 2 department (they currently have lead on this issue) if you'd like. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" so I can get your issue escalated. 

New Poster

Thanks for your offer to private message you, but I am a new poster and I am not yet allowed to do this.

Contributor

Attempt to activate WiFi calling. I just did on two of my phones, both ported from Verizon. Apparently Xfinity was able to resolve my issue and I suspect your issue may also be resolved.

New Poster

Finally,

Yes, it works!

Thanks!

Official Employee

Glad to hear your issues have been resolved, raythompson and bcook39. 

MaineCoonKitty, if you still need assistance, send Amir or I a message privately. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

I have successfully logged on to wifi calling.

Thanks for your help!

Official Employee

I have successfully logged on to wifi calling.

Thanks for your help!

This is great!