Community Forum

Re: WiFi Calling Fails to Validate Address

New Poster

Please PM me as well. I am in an area where I was allowed to MYOD to Xfinity Mobile. It's an iPhone 8+

When I try to activate Wifi calling, it prompts me for my address and then says it's not able to recognize that address.

Frankly, I don't care where E-911 responds. What I need is a recognizable address for this service.

[Edit] Heh, just for fun I input the address of the Comcast store that activated my service....WiFi calling does not recognize that emergency address either.

Next, I'll put in the address of our local fire station and police department just for fun...

Official Employee

robgmann, I am unable to proactively private message. 

Did you following the troubleshooting steps here: 

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/360000126366/what-is-wifi-calling

If so, please send me a private message by clicking on my name and then "private message me". Please include your full name and the phone number associated with your residential services. 

KenF

New Poster

I cannot get any address to validate either. Without wificalling, I don’t think the signal is reliable enough to keep service. This is a ridiculous reason, but one none the less.
New Poster

Hello Ken, I am having the same issue. Any ideas on how to get this resolved?

Regular Visitor

Hi Ken - I'm having the same issue as a number of other posters on this forum, i.e., wifi calling fails to validate my address.  I just activated XM on my iphone 6.  I have also tried all of  the recommended troubleshooting suggestions.  

Thanks. 

Contributor

This is an ongoing problem. I had the issue with my two phones. Eventually it started working. XM has a problem in the address validation. Some clod that thinks he/she can program because they can spell C# has major problems in their code. Until XM acknowledges that it is indeed a coding problem the issue will continue to be a problem.

Someone within the XM infastructure needs to get to chasing the problem in the code. Install some logging code to log failed address validations. Find the issue and fix it. Too many people are having the issue. Once it is fixed fire the incompetent programmer.

New Poster

Initially, I had the same address verification error. Following a suggestion I saw elsewhere, I decided to simply wait for a few days.

10 days after activation, I tried again with the same address and it worked without issue. 

Regular Visitor

Update:  This morning I was able to activate WiFi calling - 4 days after initiating the Xfinity Mobile service.  I don't know if the Xfinity Mobile Tier 2 team did anything or not.  

New Poster

Same issue for me as well. Please help Ken!
Official Employee

lance_dengate, 

thanks for reaching out. 

All, have you tried validating the e-911 address in different physical locations? How about trying it with WiFi preferred roaming enabled? 

KenF

New Poster

It will not let me validate the address, I have not tried the second