Community Forum

Re: Update on an order that I’m still waiting on

Regular Visitor

Hi, I saw the xfinity mobile flyer in the mail and thought this would be a great idea for my sons birthdays both this month and also purchase myself a device.  So, I went to the local xfinity store to purchase 3 phones.  My kids were excited because I told them they were getting new phones when we walked in the store.  Much to my disappointment, after entering my social security number and birthdate into the handheld device at the store, I was told I would have to goto xfinitymobile.com to place my order.  We were all disappointed.  I went home and tried to place the order on xfinitymobile.com and was offered to dial a number or chat to begin your order.  I started a chat and told them I had attempted to place an order in the store and had been directed to the website due to an issue.  They told me on chat that they are just customer service and that they could not handle a new order and to call yet another phone number instead.  I then called the number and told that person of my frustration with this entire process and he apologized and placed the order for the 3 phones and was told the order should arrive in 2 days.  My kids and I were thrilled.  We couldn't wait to get our new phones.  Later that evening, I recieved an email, but it had apparently gone into my spam folder and I did not see it until two days later that there was a problem with my order and that I needed to provide/upload more information.  I finally uploaded the documents(id and utility bill) and waited a day before calling in(took option 2) and was told that they needed to verify that information and that this may take up to 72 hours to verify and then it may take up to 4 days before the phones will ship.  This has been an all around frustrating process!  So far, you have done nothing to endear me to your mobile service, wasted a huge amount of my time and apparently we are all suffering the result of a new sales initiative(xfinity mobile) rolled out by the sales team, not approved or vetterd by the fraud prevention department/program which was then taken advantage of by fraudsters.  If you can't provide a service, just place a sign in your store, sorry, we have lots of shiny new phones here, they sure look nice, we would like to have you as a customer, but we can't, we don't have the processes, customer service, or the time to deal with you...please goto another carrier...  Alternatively, if you could have warned me in the store, the type of message you get when you are on hold, "the process to get a new phone will require the following, a visit to a store, social security number and birthdate(1 hour), a phone call - social security number and birthdate(30 minutes), time to track down information to verify your identity(30 min), time to upload information, a followup phone call and you still might not have your phones".  I think I would have just stayed on my current carrier.  How are you even still selling this garbage as a service?

Official Employee

xfi-mobile, sorry to hear about your experience. It looks like you have had some experience with our manual review process. I'd be happy to see where you are in the process and get you a status update on your orders. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Regular Visitor

Re: Update on an order that I’m still waiting on - buyer beware

Buyer beware - you may not receive your phones and at this point I run the risk of being charged for something I may never receive.  Imagine going to a store and purchasing an item.  At checkout the clerk tells you, oh, you'll have to leave the item here, we are not sure if you are a real customer.  Well, when will I know?  Well, we are really not sure.  Have a nice day!

I would like to point out that once you place an order via phone there is then no way to track your order and/or cancel.  Today make 9 days since I started my cell phone purchase process with Xfinity mobile(started 4-21-18).  Thus far, I still have no phones, no service, and no explanation and no instructions as to how to cancel my order if I should choose to do so.  I asked for the cancellation instructions in case this was not resolved within the next 3-4 days and I have not received anything from them thus far.  I received a response from ComcastKenF here on the forums asking me for my name and phone number which I provided.  I replied with this information within 1-2 hours hoping for an update soon.  When I woke up the next morning I had a response asking for yet another piece of information - Now they need my order number.  I feel like I am being strung along here.  I suggested to ComcastKenF if they are choosing to manually verify new customers, they should perhaps hire more staff.  I was reading the xfinity customer experience webpage below.

"Reimagining the product activation experience"
"Keeping it simple for our customers"
"Putting the customer at the center of everything we do"
"We are committed to respecting our customers’ time, simplifying their experience, and making things right if we fall short."
https://corporate.comcast.com/hub/customer-experience

If this is a re-imagined product activation experience, then it is terrible.

This has not been simple at all!

As the customer, I don't feel at the center of anything.  I think the customer is an afterthought.

There has been no respect for my time, this has not been simple, and I haven't seen Xfinity make anything right when they have fallen short in my case.

Official Employee

Re: Update on an order that I’m still waiting on - buyer beware

xfi-mobile, I have provided you an update in private message. 

Regular Visitor

Here is the latest response from Xfinity support.

"Thank you. Unfortunately, your order has been denied due to insufficient or incorrect information provided. The order will cancel in 72 hours from the original email and you'll be able to try again in 84 hours from the original email."

Dear Comcast/Xfninity,

1)It would be nice to know which information was insufficient or incorrect?
2)So I have been waiting for 10 days to find out that my order did not go through!

Official Employee

Here is the latest response from Xfinity support.

"Thank you. Unfortunately, your order has been denied due to insufficient or incorrect information provided. The order will cancel in 72 hours from the original email and you'll be able to try again in 84 hours from the original email."

Dear Comcast/Xfninity,

1)It would be nice to know which information was insufficient or incorrect?
2)So I have been waiting for 10 days to find out that my order did not go through!

xfi-mobile, the details of the investigation are never posted to protect your account. I wish I could tell you what was insufficient or inaccurate, but that is never provided. You can reorder again but you will go through the manual review again as well. 

KenF