Community Forum

Re: Unable to BYOD - iPhone 6s Currently on Verizon / Fails IMEI Validation

New Poster

had this same problem with an iphone 6s plus. People at the store were useless, and the manager was less than useless, and hung his employees out to dry on the issue, refused to be any help at all. They said they would talk to tech support and call me, but they never did. I called Comcast directly, and they couldn't be of any help either, and told me I had to go to the store. I asked for the phone number of the store, and they said the store *didn't even have a phone number*. I had to go there in person rather than talking to the people at the store on the phone to see if they had looked into or could resolve the problem.

Comcast - WHY DO YOU MAKE IT SO HARD TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY.

Official Employee

Ur-vile, thanks for reaching out. All things BYOD related are done in the store at this time. 

Did Verizon also confirm that the IMEI was added to their inventory when you did the device swap at Apple? If the IMEI was rejected with us it is because we are seeing that IMEI as an Apple phone and not a Verizon phone. 

New Poster

This phone was not purchased from verizon, it was purchased from apple. There was never a device swap at apple, there was never any need to. iPhones work on all carriers, they don;t make different models for different carriers.

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Ur-vile, thanks for reaching out. All things BYOD related are done in the store at this time. 

Did Verizon also confirm that the IMEI was added to their inventory when you did the device swap at Apple? If the IMEI was rejected with us it is because we are seeing that IMEI as an Apple phone and not a Verizon phone. 

If your system is rejecting phones because it shows as an apple phone, you need to FIX YOUR SYSTEM. The phone works fine if I put a verizon sim in it. It works fine if I put a total wireless sim in it.